Fallen

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It had more of an impact in person I think..

Let me know if it's crap or not, ok?

Bonus super-cool points to anyone who can guess what I did for processing here.

fallen2.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm...I don't like the b&w much, and I think the tree is detracting my attention away from the head stone and the flag.

:thumbup:

Good one. The sky was super blown out in the first picture so I took a bracket.

It's not an infrared conversion but close, I used a blue filter to turn the flowers white (which were pinkish purple..)

I think you're supposed to view the headstone/flag/tree/the blossums fallen from the tree as a whole...if the centerpoint of the image was the flag, I think it'd be...the focal point of the image....

I think you're supposed to view the headstone/flag/tree/the blossums fallen from the tree as a whole...if the centerpoint of the image was the flag, I think it'd be...the focal point of the image....

That was the idea. Eh, I wasn't sure if anyone would like it..

For me, the sky messes this up... being a bright spot on top it distracts from the bright blossoms on the tree and ground... as well as the flag (which were the things I wanted to stand out). Oh well, still trying to see these things BEFORE clicking the shutter instead of while in Photoshop..

Maybe I can edit it better but I think it'll still look pretty mediocre

Spent the whole day shooting hot air balloons and a concert later than night, maybe I'll post a few of those up tomorrow.

Thanks for commenting everyone.

OH....hehe...I see. I just don't have an artistic bone in my body :lol:

Now that I understand the concept, I like it - but it was not obvious to me right away. I'm not in love w/ the B&W.
All in all, interesting, just not "wow".

i agree with you that the sky messes the shot up. Also I like the concept and it has the "potential" to be an emotional shot but I think it needed a different angle....maybe work your way around the grave stone and tree to see if you could get a better angle so the pic speaks the same but has just a little more oomph.

I like the concept and execution. I believe the sky will be less of a distraction if printed large,say 11X14. Just enlarging it here with the bar lessens the sky's influence on the image. Nice job and timely subject.

A photo should tell it's own story

Title - Fallen

The tree/large shrub takes up too much space, and if you look the petals from the flowers have FALLEN upon the grass.

If the focus is upon the grave stones of the fallen, this photo is not clear about that. I do not see the flag as a focal point of the photo.

I do like how you have worked on the technical portion of the photo though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back