Fallen

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Maven, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Maven

Maven TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

Comments please. I am not sure if I like this one.

2. 2Stupid2Duck

2Stupid2Duck TPF Noob!

Well... I can see what you mean. It should work. Nice texture. Good composition. But something is missing.

(*refrains from bursting into "Something's missing, in my life, maybe it's you...")

3. Maven

Maven TPF Noob!

Could you elaborate on what that 'something' might be? Please.

4. Maven

Maven TPF Noob!

This is the first image that I took of this, I think it would have been the better of the two if not for the poor foregound focus.

[​IMG]

5. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

On the first one, I think it's pretty good overall. Couple of things that I notice though-- The edge of one of the leaves is clipped. Also, to me anyway, it seems to be a very vertical composition. I think it might be stronger if the branch was at more of a diagonal. While there are curves in the image, there is no strong diagonal line to lead the eye through the image. We pick up the leaves, we pick up the water drops, but we pick them up separately. Also, in the upper right, the water is bright almost to the point of being blown out. It makes the eye jerk back and forth between that corner and the leaves, but like I said earlier, there's no smooth progression to get us there and back. :D

6. Maven

Maven TPF Noob!

Yes, I see what you mean. Would the second image have corrected these things in your opinion shark?

7. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

I think to a certain extent it does. There's a much stronger diagonal in the 2nd. There are still pieces of the leaves clipped by the edge of the frame, though. I also like the DOF focus of the first--at the leading edge ofthe branch.

8. green

green TPF Noob!

overall i like the idea... but the thing that strikes me is that it appears as though the ground is wet... while there isn't a drop on the leaf... which makes me think its been "posed". it kind of doesn't fit.