Falling Water

Fred Berg

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
I like the image, but IMO, a different crop would improve it. The utterly featureless sky with the 'bit' of a person does nothing to help the image, and the spillway image left seems at odds with the "waterfalls" middle and right.

I am too the contrary of tireiron. I like the red speck of a person, the two lamps in a detailess sky speak to me in scope and as a contrast to the constant movement of the water. The water movement is slight and awkward ... we are used to seeing either milky water or crystal sharp water, your water is somewhere between making it awkward and the viewing difficult.

I like the contrasts and how the brain has to work to see it all.

I like the image, but IMO, a different crop would improve it. The utterly featureless sky with the 'bit' of a person does nothing to help the image, and the spillway image left seems at odds with the "waterfalls" middle and right.

Thanks, John. Yes, I'll be going back when the grey skies have lifted a bit with a choice of lenses and a tripod. The left side is a little awkward, so food for thought there, but I quite like the spot of red at the top!

I am too the contrary of tireiron. I like the red speck of a person, the two lamps in a detailess sky speak to me in scope and as a contrast to the constant movement of the water. The water movement is slight and awkward ... we are used to seeing either milky water or crystal sharp water, your water is somewhere between making it awkward and the viewing difficult.

Thanks, Gary. I also like the lamp posts and blank sky (but I'll still look again in different conditions). I didn't have a tripod with me to be able to smooth the water, and besides I'm not such a great fan of milky water. Do you find the awkwardness of the water interesting or more frustrating to look at? Maybe a faster shutter is what I'll try next time (1/250 or shorter) to really freeze the motion.

My little cream cheese brain tries to make the water sharp ... then milky ... so it holds my attention and I keep looking around for additional references to see if the entire image is unsharp or just the water. It is awkward, but adds to the overall dynamics of the image. I like that you shot it so differently as to hold my attention.

The water seems just right to me - sort of looks like a curtain, which is an interesting feature. Not crazy about the upper part of the image, though, both the sky and the small piece of the trees showing above the roadway.

The water seems just right to me - sort of looks like a curtain, which is an interesting feature. Not crazy about the upper part of the image, though, both the sky and the small piece of the trees showing above the roadway.

Thanks, Ken. Yes, the trees might be better not peeping out at the top like that. When I go back, I'll try a lower angle and see if that helps.

lol. this is like the abstract anti beautiful waterfall landscape type of image. Like the anti waterfall image. Not trying to insult, not sure what your real intentions are here. But I like the idea of it in contrast to what I usually see for waterfall or falling water of any type. The lack of neatness in the frame only adds to it for me. At first I am wondering wth I am looking at, so I kind of look around the image too. wonder if it was accidental or on purpose. Makes me question and guess. something I actually like to do is be confused about a image oddly enough.

I think lamb has given me that effect on here too before. Mike Lamb has put up a few shots where I literally said wtf? out loud when I opened the thread. I like that.

this thing is just so squared and "FLAT" I cant help but be somewhat fascinated by it. you look into the photo and it just stops dead. The entire back frame and waterfall is like a sheer single wall.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back