Falls

tcmers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here's a photo of some falls we came across on a kayak trip in Ontario. Light was fading, so the shutter speed was a little slower than I would have liked, causing the water to look soft.
falls.jpg

Slow shutter speeds can be rather nice for waterfalls. This wasn't all that slow, as you aren't getting that fog-like look in the water.

Is there any more detail you can get from the white? It's pretty washed-out.

This was the first print. When I print again, I'll try burning in some detail in the white part of the water. Thanks for the input.

Something about the framing is bothering me but I can't put my thumb on it... :? I agree with everything markc has said so far...

Karissa, could it be that bit of sky in the upper right hand corner that is bothering you?
For I feel I'd like this photo even more if it were gone.
A slightly different position might have helped.
What could help now (I tested this by scrolling the upper part out of my screen) is cropping all the upper part, so we'd only see the rocks and the water and the place where it "lands".
Plus I find the water looks near to perfect in this one: you see it's movement - the "foggy water"-waterfall-photos look so rushed, so fast to me. I like this better.
A tad more contrast could help, I think.

Thanks for the input. Next time I'm in the darkroom, I'll try different contrast filters and cropping.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back