Family at Home

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by AprilRamone, Apr 5, 2007.

1. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So, my roller derby friend had me come and do her whole family at her mother's house. I think they turned out all right. Although I am sort of wishing I had taken the painting in the background off of the wall for these.
    A generation picture
    [​IMG]

The tired couple
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their 4 year old son REALLY wanted to to make this face. I thought it was funny so I kept it.
    [​IMG]

The pretty sisters:
    [​IMG]

The whole family. I wish I could have backed up more so that this could be cropped to an 8x10 without looking too weird, but the banister was in the way. I think I would also have them move to the edge of the couch if I redid it since my eye is sort of drawn to their legs.
    [​IMG]

Is this better?
    [​IMG]
    Comments and Criticism is always welcome.
    April

2. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Awe those are sweet! The only thing I would have done differently is crop the first one more on the left since the right side ahs the girls arm cut off a bit too but I'm weird I liek things to be the same like that! LOL

3. J Crew

J Crew TPF Noob!

Looks good for a in-home shoot. The second group photo is defenitely the better of the two. Keep it up.

- Jason

4. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    JJM, I totally agree with you. I cropped them differently for the actual prints. These were just the full size files.

And, another question: Should I be saving them for web when I resize them? Because it seems like these look much blotchier and weird here on the web compared to how they look when they are open in PS.

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice work, great expressions and connection with the subjects.

What color space do you have them in, when in PS? That might be your problem. Also, when uploading to Photobucket, make sure your images are within the limits that are set, otherwise they will automatically be changed as you upload them.

6. emogirl

emogirl TPF Noob!

hey, you did a great job...loved the boy with his dad...and the last family shot is definitley best...its cozy and comfortable....the shot before, the men look awkward, the pic is unbalanced etc...