Family Group Shot - Critique on PP?

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by andrew99, Jul 7, 2008.

1. andrew99

andrew99 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi guys, here is a group family portrait I did. I am planning to print out some large prints and give them to the family members, but I need some advice on the post processing. I went for a pseudo Dave Hill inspired look, here is before and after. The before version has nothing at all done to it, just automatic batch RAW to JPG conversion.. it needs sharpening, etc. Anyway, and comments or criticism, particularily on the after version, much appreciated! Also if you think I should print the original version for a more traditional look, please say so! :)

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

2. Chewbecca

Chewbecca TPF Noob!

I prefer that after shot.:mrgreen:
    I just wish you could find a way to get rid of the head shadow on the peach/pink shirt.
    Other than that, it's a GREAT family shot and I think the people in your family would LOVE a print of it.:mrgreen:

Take what I say with a grain of salt, though, I haven't been doing this photography stuff long enough to offer up any type of professional opinion or point of view of anyone's pictures.
    I just have a regular person's opinion.:lmao:

3. andrew99

andrew99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks Chewbecca! Maybe I should have put the flashes higher, that might have made less obvious shadows. Also I didn't notice the covered BBQ on the bottom right until after I got home! Oh well, there will be no retakes since one couple lives in England and another couple is from Montreal (5 hours from here).

4. bigalbest

bigalbest TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Larger light sources will help reduce shadows more than anything else (softbox, umbrella, etc.)