Family Life

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
...trying my hand at taking candid shots of the family. I was trying to convey the atmosphere in each picture but wasn't sure if I was able to do that successfully or not since I'm biased towards the subject matter :) Any comments would be welcome as I'm interested to see if these are, in fact, only good pictures in my eyes or, if I did alright.

Thanks friends!

Life1.jpg

Life2.jpg

Life3.jpg

Life4.jpg

Really great series! I love #3

I love the first three. For me you capture the mood and the atmosphere perfectly!

I find the writing in the borders (in general) very distracting though ... but I understand why it's there! For me, less is more in that respect.

i like the way the lady on #3 in the background seems to be keeping a watchful over the proceedings

I think taking family photos are the hardest of all.

Very nice job!

Thanks everyone! I'm happy to hear that these turned out alright - there is always the fear of them looking like snapshots to everyone else when I find them to be special.....cuz of the subject matter.

I like the effect that used on these photos. Nicely done

#1 and #3 really capture the moment. I, too, love how the older woman in #3 is centered but just watchful. And I love the movement in their hands, it gives action to their cooking, it makes it feel more real to me.

I showed these to my husband and he said, "They look like those old pictures you used to see of famous families in Time Magazine." I'd say that's quite a compliment.

Most reactions

Back