Family Photo

Just the Nikon & F-mount stuff:

Nikon%20Family%20Post.jpg

What's your address?

1742 Boogie Woogie Avenue.

Bear in mind, I bear more things that can shoot than just cameras.

I was camera collector at one time. I had 14 Nikon bodies and 56 Nikkor lenses as well as a bunch of Leicas. I had all the F's (F through F5) I had unusual lenses like the 500 F4, the 300 f2.8 and the 200 f2. I had the DC Nikkors and the shift lens. I had the 14, 16 and 18mm wide angles as well as all the others. I even had 2 Nikon S systems. I stopped when Digital came along. I sold the whole lot and bought a D80 and the lenses you see pictured above and a new car. Looks like you have a good start. I agree with the poster above that thinks you need an intervention like I did. ;)

Partial family. The rest are in my studio about 1hr away.

11187445_877859152280188_6417357420261609251_o.jpg

Great equipment, but your case is what really grabbed my eye. I had one many years ago that was a small hard sided carry on. I fitted it with foam cut out to match the equipment. I've tried to find a suitable hard case to make another, but the luggage today is different. Did you buy or build yours?

I have several Pelican cases. Look for the Pelican Protector series. This is an off brand but my Pelican 1510 is carry-on size. I can fit 2 and 5 lenses with accessories in it. :)

Look for the Pelican Protector series

Like a DUMMY I let two really nice Pelican Cases get away last year. My son is an IT Manager for one of Federal Courts. They received some new equipment in and were throwing the cases away. He asked me if I could use them, but at the time I didn't have a need. I've kicked my own rear many times since.

Look for the Pelican Protector series

Like a DUMMY I let two really nice Pelican Cases get away last year. My son is an IT Manager for one of Federal Courts. They received some new equipment in and were throwing the cases away. He asked me if I could use them, but at the time I didn't have a need. I've kicked my own rear many times since.

Yeah they sell different foam inserts for them that you can customize to your own needs.

You can't ever really have too much fast glass, can you?

No doubt. I really miss them. But I no longer need them. If I don't get a shot because I don't have a fast enough lens, then I don't get it. Nobody's paying me to get it any longer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back