Family Photography Business

Many of the photographer businesses that I know are husband & wife teams. I also know a few who got into it because their father was a photographer.

For the most part, a photography business is going to be a small business...and a small business is usually more of a family thing than a larger business.

Is anyone else's photography business mainly a family business? Who takes the pictures? Do you have kids helping out too?

Over the years, each of my four children worked here with me for a brief while. My daughters did the mail and my sons did framing and janitorial work. I can't remember when I had more than one of them at the same time. The three youngest have all helped with weddings... carrying gear.

My wife worked here in the early years. It didn't take too long to learn that it we shouldn't be working together.

These days, things are much slower. My niece comes in once a week to pay bills.

I'm the only one to do any shooting... ever.

-Pete

agreed, my wife and I work together, she's my assistant, though her specialty is really in the business end of things (at which I have no clue). She also helps me with talking with clients and organization. I'm working with her to get her to the point she can second shoot at weddings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back