Photos NOT OK to edit
Some pics of a good friend and his family:

3674155184_8ba1163c29_b.jpg

3674158794_b053aeb17e_b.jpg

3. (70s/80s Vintage "look")

3674154156_7c62066d44_b.jpg

3673348811_87b8af2151_b.jpg

I love #2.

The tilt in the others is quite distracting.

I am not a portrait photographer, so I'd say take most of what I say with a HUGE grain of salt.

Interesting pics... I really liked the composition of 4... the washed out background and such was kinda unfortunate. I wonder if some reflectors or perhaps a flash would have balanced out the light a bit better. Maybe try to trick up an HDR if you had these in RAW?

2 was cute... maybe a little dark?

1 didn't work for me, personally... it struck me as a good shot for some kind of ad... family out on the boardwalk shopping at the local stores or something... almost a JCPenny's kind of shot (and a solid one at that), but not as much a family picture for me, personally. I think you also needed a fill flash here- again- lighting problem. This is made even tougher by the fact that the guy is dark and his wife is not, because you totally lose his face in this one, which is a shame. Good looking dude. I wonder if a shallower DOF would help here... the background is interesting... but again... I don't think this is really what the family is about... or is it? Dunno. Maybe they own the boardwalk mall. :)

You pulled off that vintage look well.

I'll be curious to hear what some of the portrait pros say on these.

Thanks for sharing. Interesting series.

im not sure about 1, i cant decide if the tilt is distracting or interesting. i really like the picture just not sure about the frame. 3 is absolutly awesome, my fav picture. 4 looks like a good family picture i bet it would look cool in b&w.

Most reactions

Back