Family Portrait Session!

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's an adorable family I did the other day. Aren't those eyes killer!!!

2930245798_20739bc2fc.jpg

2929387297_0f32f3b725.jpg

2930245398_83d5f55eda.jpg

2930245228_f52fe375a5.jpg

2930244796_0ab05b0d0b.jpg

2929386347_aec829323d.jpg

2929386137_193d24c05c.jpg

that littlest guy was kinda difficult! He just wanted to run around and play! Let me tell ya, I'm lovin my new lens!

Nice job, good DOF strong focus and even light. I'm sure they will be very happy with these.

Anyother thoughts . . .

I personally am having issues with #4. It's just, I'm not sure, but I'm not lovin' it. I think her head in the mountain, or maybe too muted on the background . . . hmmmmm

I think all you really need is a closer crop on that one. You'll still have the mountains and a bit of the color on the right, without the dead space on the left.

I'm not a huge fan of the limb in the pictures. It works in some but slices the others in half, especially #7. I am sure mom loves all of these though. Nice job.

Anyother thoughts . . .

I personally am having issues with #4. It's just, I'm not sure, but I'm not lovin' it. I think her head in the mountain, or maybe too muted on the background . . . hmmmmm

Nice work as always TC, but I agree, #4 isn't working for me either; I think it's the blown sky and over-exposed mountains in the background. I think a grad ND and off-camera fill flash to illuminate the mother and daughter from camera right would have helped. Also perhaps a tighter crop?

Nice photos. I kinda like the 7th photo. Those kids are cute too.:)

Anyother thoughts . . .

Maybe it is the red. The rest of the picture has muted coloring and they are in bright red drawing your eye right to their shirts. You could try toning the red down a bit and see if that is what is bothering you.

Nice work as always TC, but I agree, #4 isn't working for me either; I think it's the blown sky and over-exposed mountains in the background. I think a grad ND and off-camera fill flash to illuminate the mother and daughter from camera right would have helped. Also perhaps a tighter crop?

Thanks tirediron. I've got a neutral density for my other lens, but haven't gone and grabbed one for the new lens. but I agree, the sky was actually really pretty . . .

I did one metered on the sky, and then used my reflector on them . . . just didn't give me enough back into their faces. Next time I'll pull out my wireless flash. Where would it be best placed, kinda as a diffused side light, or just straight on?

okay, took pieces of everyones advice on #4, did some more post, and came up with this one. still has a blown out sky, but I think I was able to pull out some richness!

2946444842_2940bb8ba3.jpg

Better!

Where would it be best placed, kinda as a diffused side light, or just straight on?
If you're a Strobist fan, he has quite a few posts about using flash to supplement (or replace) ambient light.

I agree. The 2nd one is better. :)

Most reactions

Back