Family Session in their front yard.

C&C please!

24275dy.jpg

2zrfi9e.jpg

2q176uu.jpg

2d7jaiw.jpg

15sa7nk.jpg

2a9y06p.jpg

I really like the one of the boys pants. I love the grungy look. The one of the family is very natural and it shows personality of each family member. The last one of the boy on the trampoline would look better if it wasn't so messy. I like simple. I love the expression and how the photo is so fun.

You seem to not want to capture people's faces in the images, which is a key thing in most portraiture.

Well, I have alot of them looking straight forward, I just picked a few of my favorites :)

I also love that grungy look. I used a preset from LR.

Don't be afraid to use some fill flash... #1, #3 and #4 all could have used some extra light.

Thank you. Everyone has been complaining about my lighting..Is it that I need to use my flash or edit it brighter?

What do you guys suggest for me to learn about lighting/exposure?

i like the last 2, but like other said, a fill flash would have been great.

I'm not getting the fill flash thing. The exposures look plenty okay to me.

Nice shots, but if you don't mind my being picky, I would have preferred the baby feet's be included the the 3rd, and the 5th re-cropped to a vertical.

What do you guys suggest for me to learn about lighting/exposure?

Doing some Internet searching is always a good self-help kind of start.

Light: Science and Magic An Introduction To Photographic Lighting, by Fil Hunter is a must have for any begining portrait photographer.

Visit Strobist: Lighting 101 and start becoming acquainted with off camera flash techniques and www.planetneil.com for on camera flash techniques.

Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Last edited:
I just bought Understanding Exposure. I'm really excited! Wish me good luck and understanding!

Definetly the one with the boys pants rules!! :)..has a surten feeling to it:)

Most reactions

Back