kirif1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,

I had an hour with this family over the weekend. I honestly think the shoot was a flop but here are some i managed to save :( It was late afternoon in a fairly dull room. My flash died on every second photo while i was mentally kicking myself for leaving spare batteries in the other camera bag!!!

4023990362_ca76193531.jpg

4023979638_75f8f4284f.jpg

4023977264_ee47f36073.jpg

4023221019_c4700961fc.jpg

are you just sharing or asking for cc?

1. is a nice portrait.... creepy... but a nice portrait
2. is cute
3 and 4 look like snap shots..
in 3 flash is way harsh, and mom is looking in other direction
4. there is some very distractin sun light on the lower part of the picture.. and it does look like a.. "hey kids stand here real quick" shot

#1. lighting seems flat. vignette doesnt add to the image imo.
#2. looks like she was mid-smile, and i wish the eyes attention was on the cam.
#3. harsh lighting...looks like it was on cam pointed right at them...bounce that light. moms attention is elsewhere.
#4. i agree with jay, and wish to add that the gray BG detracts from the shot for me. makes it appear overly muddy and tonally muted.

sorry to say but the only one that is passable as a portrait would be the first, and even then I find that it looks way too fake and forced. A good portrait will have people looking good and looking natural
1- Ok composition, fake smiles. The vignette is a little strong
2- Exposure needs to be looked at here as some whites are blown and some blacks have no detail. She is also not looking at the camera.
3- Ugh... looks like a snapshot almost mugshot. There are shadows in back of them that is a total give away of the flash. The mother isn't looking at the camera. The kid in her arms is darn cute though
4- They seem to be all squinting and again they aren't all looking at the camera.

These seem a little rushed and not professional. The sharpness is there in the images, so good on that. But you need towork on your portraiture composition and start shooting at something other than straight / square on with the subject's back on a wall.

Thank you for you for your comments. The whole situation was a mess for me. I didnt have the lighting, the time nor the space. I couldnt bring them forward from the wall and there was no where else to shoot until i eventually asked if we could use the garde. But all excuses aside. I might have to ask if they would be happy to redo it as i am not at all happy with the pics that i've come up with.

Thanks for all the advice :)

Most reactions

Back