family

mistakendavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nathandspringer.com
ok so i took this over christmas, this is my aunt and brother. i keep going back to it and i dont know why. there is just something i like about it, it may be the quality of light, the fact that i know them, or maybe it reminds me of christmas. it feels comfortable to me but i am trying to find out if it is just me because this is my family or do other feel this too. let me know what you think.

IMG_3063copy.jpg

Hard to say... I don't know what you work usually looks like, so I don't know if this image is very different from the results you're used to seeing. It could be the lighting. The faces have shape, highlights in the hair, good ratio from subject to background, allowing us to see the entire setting without drawing attention away.

I hope it's more than that. I hope it's more about the first reason I ever had to love photography... it's an honest look, a genuine moment in the lives of people you care about. I've never been to Springfield... before now.

seems like a candid shot at an event in peoples lives... but nothing points to xmas for me and i don't know that the lighting is interesting so much as it's appropriate for this particular shot.

doesn't do much for me, but i think half of a successful shot is that it does something for you :)

yes i agree with most of what christie photo has to say. what struck me were your brother's facial features here and the way you can say the texture of his muscles in his arms.

I like the photo, i wish i could only see more of what they are looking at on the table.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back