Fantasy

im up until book 8 of jordans.

heres my synopsis:

rand became a whining baby
there is no more action, only political crap
the forsaken are very very weak
moraine isnt dead, but they havent brought her back yet...long overdue

i loved his series overall, but the 8th was soo boring. im thinking of skipping it, but i havent heard anything good about the last three books.

any suggestions?

md

well...I've read nineth one...and there is tenth out...but, as I read it in Russian translation, and Russian translation is not ready yet...
now...I've to agree with you...first books was better, but i've read a review recently about tenth books, they said, it's good...

elrick said:
do you like it?
What is your favorite Fantasy books?
My is "The Wheel of Time" by R.Jordan
If I ever meet up with Robert Jordan I'm gonna punch him in the face. "Finish the freakin' story already!!!!" It was awsome until about book 6. From there he's just trying to write/read us to death.

Terry Brooks is at the top of my list as is Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn. David Eddings and Raymond E. Feist fill up the rest of my bookshelf.

And I'm serious about Robert Jordan still..........I'm gonna kidnap him and make him GET TO THE POINT and finish the story. It's only been 14+ years now since he started the story.

malachite:
Terry Brooks...I've read only one of his books...from Shhnara series...and it was good, but it was not the first one in the series...
Tad Williams ...''The Dragonbone Chair''(is this theb ook you'r talking about?) ...this I've liked very much
R.Feyst...I've read many of his books...and I like him
Eddinngs...I've read a couple of his books...not bad at all
and than...
Glen Cook, Martin "Song of Ice and Fire", Tolkien, Zelazny...etc...

Song of Ice and Fire.... oh yeah baby.... please give me book Four, George RR, I neeeeeeed it.... :(

I liked the first couple books of the Sword of Truth series by Goodkind, then a couple were lame, then they seemed to be getting better again, not sure...

It may be a little cliché now because of all the hype...but I love Lord of the Rings. I'm currently re-reading it...probably for about the 20th time (no joke).

There are also a bunch of other book published posthumously that relate to Middle Earth and LOTR.

To be honest I don't like fantasy... really :)

oriecat said:
I liked the first couple books of the Sword of Truth series by Goodkind, then a couple were lame, then they seemed to be getting better again, not sure...
well...I've read almost all of it...may be not the last couple...not the best book, IMHO...but some of them are good

Big Mike said:
It may be a little cliché now because of all the hype...but I love Lord of the Rings. I'm currently re-reading it...probably for about the 20th time (no joke).

There are also a bunch of other book published posthumously that relate to Middle Earth and LOTR.
Did you read "The Silmarillion" ?

Big Mike said:

elrick said:
Big Mike said:

Yes, I've read the Silmarillion three of four times. I love it, it really makes reading LOTR so much more meaningful.

I've also read, Unfinished Tales, History of Middle Earth Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol. 3, Vol. 8 & Vol. 12. (I might have that mixed up though).

Also, some of Tolkien's other stuff like Farmer Giles of Ham etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back