Fantasy

Corry, have you read the books?

I hated HP too. I even picked up the first book and threw it down after the first 5 pages.

Once I was convinced into reading it all....I couldn't get enough and burned thought the remaining books within the month.

Big Mike said:
I like Piers Anthony.

I read "On a pale horse", a long time ago. I remember wanting to read more in the series but never did./quote]

On a pale horse was very cool indeed. It's been along time for me too. Prob 15 years but I remeber it the most. Very creative concept that I was dying to see in graphic novel form but never did. What about "Cruel Lye" by Anthony. Is trotted along the line as that Stephen king fantasy novel...err can't remember the name of it off hand..wait I'll surf for it...ah, "eyes of the dragon". Yep very similar.

C!!!! wow, ya don't like potter ah, why?
EDIT: D'oh!!!! sorry you've replied. :D

I started reading after seeing the first movie, since it was just fun, so I knew the book would be better, as they always are. So I decided to just keep with that. I am usually disappointed in movies if I already know the book, because your favorite part is written out, or characters are changed (I frickin' hated the movie Contact, because I really loved the book...), so I figured this way I should always enjoy the movies for what they are, then I could enjoy the books too even more.

elrick said:
Piers Antony, "Xanth" series are nice...

I think Cruel Lye may have been one of those now that you mention it. hmmm... maybe? they were all kind of out of most worlds type reality where anything from anytime can appear right? kind of anacronistic on top of it self.
maybe I'm think of somthing else... :?:

OH wait!!!

Michael Morrcock RULESZ!!!! long live the eternal hero ELRIC!!!! sorry elrick, 2 and 2 finally equalled 4. Another great series..probably one of the most brutal and serious of the bunch.

mygrain said:
elrick said:
Piers Antony, "Xanth" series are nice...

I think Cruel Lye may have been one of those now that you mention it. hmmm... maybe? they were all kind of out of most worlds type reality where anything from anytime can appear right? kind of anacronistic on top of it self.
maybe I'm think of somthing else... :?:
"Crewel Lie: A caustic Yarn" it is Xanth

mygrain said:
OH wait!!!

Michael Morrcock RULESZ!!!! long live the eternal hero ELRIC!!!! sorry elrick, 2 and 2 finally equalled 4. Another great series..probably one of the most brutal and serious of the bunch.
Elric, Erikose, Korum, etc
And because I've read it in Russian, i misspelled it...but now it is in many photography sites...: elrick

elrick said:
2Stupid2Duck said:
My favourite was The Curse of the Elderan.

It is available for free on the net I believe.
and who is the author?

Link to Curse of the Elderan

See if you can guess the author: He must be clever. He must be handsome. He must be a photographer. And, he must be prepared to stick his head up where anyone with half a brain would be prepared to stay down.

Most reactions

Back