Farm wedding wheat field

pixilstudio

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pixilstudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive been waiting to get that iconic bride and groom in the wheat field for ever. The chance comes along and I kinda feel like I dropped the ball. I mean im still happy with the shot just seems like it could be better.

2014-wedding-longmeadow-752.jpg

2014-wedding-longmeadow-737.jpg

2014-wedding-longmeadow-1370.jpg

2014-wedding-longmeadow-695.jpg

2014-wedding-longmeadow-058.jpg

you can see more from this wedding here Colorado Farm Wedding
and my site here
Pixil studio -photographer

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment (good or bad)

Hey Denver you did ok and you could and should have done better, as you say. #1- did you leave your stepladder home?? Great field, no reason at all to have the sky and that other stuff above the field in the pic. Posing ok, hopefully you did more. #2 better in b&w but still that unwanted top of image. #3 hopefully you trashed it before they saw that arm. You just can't have that. #4 excellent composition, use of light and posing with a real illustration of love. Her fingers should not be clenched however, you must see that. Last one tilt composition to have the rings at 45 degrees, rather than straight up and down.

#1 2 I did leave the step at home and i knew that was the problem.
#3 trashed it? i admit the hand is distracting but it still has worth #4 she is grabbing his jacket but a flat hand is nice to

Last edited:
#3 needs to be warmed a lot unless her dress was blue. If nothing else then warm the subjects.

Hindsight is always 20/20. These are really nice shots! :thumbup:

In #1 I'd clone the field in over the rest of the sky. Make the field look endless. The sky is super super distracting especially since it's colorless.

I didn't notice the arm in #3 until it was mentioned. Now it's all I can see. Is there a way you could remove it yet still end up with a natural-looking result? I would warm the subjects up as well.

I'd clone out the arm, the power lines, and the chain in #3 too!

Nice work, but as you said, definitely could have been better in the wheat field with a higher vantage point. Live and learn for next time!

I think for #3, once you whip out the clone stamp tool and fix the arm, the power lines and the chain on the fence, it will look much better. Also, you should probably color correct the dress as it looks pretty blue.

Keep posting!

I agree, my first thought was to clone the feild to the top. I also don't care for #3, it is underexposed, way too cool, power lines, fence....

Wheat Field! Really looks impressive way to shoot wedding photos. I am really impressed! Specially, the first one is really looking so elegant among them. Thanks for sharing wonderful ideas and concept of wedding photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back