Farmall 400 planting Heirloom wheat with a JD 8350 drill. C&C

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my brother putting his Turkey Red wheat in. I did some video for him, and while I had the camera out I made him stop for a still shot while the sun was setting. The sunsets this time of year in Kansas are really outstanding, so this is what it looked like to me in real life.
This is three different exposures that I blended together in PS. Any C&C is more than welcome. :)

Coyote Planting wheat.jpg

Pretty cool shot. Either your brother is big or that tractor is small. Lovely color.

Pretty cool shot. Either your brother is big or that tractor is small. Lovely color.

He is a little over 6' tall and is bigger than some. The tractor is a 1955 and not as big as the new tractors.
Thanks. :)

That is NOT a small tractor! :lol:

It's not that big of a tractor! LOL He also replaced the original seat with a padded suspension seat, and you sit lower on it than the original so it makes the driver look a little more scrunched up.

No, it's nothing like a modern Case 300, but for a sense of scale, the rear wheels are about 54" high....

Any C&C is more than welcome.
I wish the scene was reversed so the light was on your subject. There's nothing quite like sunset light.

I wish the scene was reversed so the light was on your subject. There's nothing quite like sunset light.

Ideally, I would have had a reflector on him, but he didn't even want me to take the photo to start with, so this had to do! LOL
It would have been nice to take some photos of him driving into the sun, but once again, he wanted this to be quick.
:)

Ideally, I would have had a reflector on him, but he didn't even want me to take the photo to start with, so this had to do! LOL
It would have been nice to take some photos of him driving into the sun, but once again, he wanted this to be quick.
:)

Yea a little more light on him would be nice. But that would definately be a good picture to enter into some local fairs.

Very nice elements in this farming scene. LOVE the look of that classic Farmall.

Yea a little more light on him would be nice. But that would definately be a good picture to enter into some local fairs.

Thanks! I hadn't thought of a fair, that's a good idea!

Very nice elements in this farming scene. LOVE the look of that classic Farmall.

Thank you! That tractor is his pride and joy! It is getting a new clutch and a set of rings this winter. :)

Do you guys think I should remove the tree that is right behind him? I really messed up by not catching it while taking the photo.

Do you guys think I should remove the tree that is right behind him?
Considering the shot in its entirety, I say no.

Thanks, I just wanted to check. I had someone else that didn't like the tree.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back