FASK-IN-ATING (Thanks Derrel)

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife and I were watching a Woody Allen movie late yesterday evening just before the sun went down, and my neighbor knocked at the door asking if we'd like to watch him transfer his bees from the box they were delivered in to his own box. I don't know the technical term.

So We watched him prep, dill a hole, suit up and transfer the bees, scraping out the nectar and the honeycomb that was built within 3 days - extremely interesting stuff.

4 bees got down my shirt so I ran around his yard half naked while my wife snapped pics of me on her iphone and I slapped my teeshirt against myself. Then I laughed as it happened to her!

Anyway - here's one of the images I took after I recomposed myself, that I liked.

I must add that I was NOT suited up, and I was using my 50mm, so ugh. I got stung a few times.

My neighbor keeping his bees.

Last edited:
Cool! For those wondering about the shout out, I saw this photo last night on Jamie's Facebook page, and I commented, "Fask-in-ating! (as we used to say in high school)".

Bees...they're pretty interesting creatures...on Friday, a semi trailer load of bee hives overturned in Washington state at the interchange of I-5 and I-405 around 3:30 AM, luckily dumping all the bees and hives into the median of the freeway and not directly onto the roadbed. As one of the responding state patrol officers told local media, "Everybody's been stung." About 14 million bees were released in the accident.14 million spilled bees on I-5 Everybody s been stung The Seattle Times

It gives me shivers just thinking about it. The last time I got stung by a bee it was one my arm and we almost had to go to the ER to get it drained.

I do think bee-keeping really is faskinating though. Bees are neat creatures.

Cool Shot,sorry you got stung.Bees are interesting and this may sound weird but I like bees,bumble bees my favorite. I have let them land on me sitting in my yard and have never been stung form a bumble bee.I don't like the white face hornet though.Disturb the nest and they know exactly who to attack and they are super fast and smart.

Are you going to start another thread with the shots of you getting stung, I'm thinking you could name that one "NotSoBrightByNature" lol

But back on topic, love the picture :)

I know, thats the photo I want to see.

Bees...they're pretty interesting creatures...on Friday, a semi trailer load of bee hives overturned in Washington state at the interchange of I-5 and I-405 around 3:30 AM, luckily dumping all the bees and hives into the median of the freeway and not directly onto the roadbed. As one of the responding state patrol officers told local media, "Everybody's been stung."
Haha I did not know that!!! That's funny!!

It gives me shivers just thinking about it. The last time I got stung by a bee it was one my arm and we almost had to go to the ER to get it drained.

I do think bee-keeping really is faskinating though. Bees are neat creatures.
The surprising fact to me was that it only took a couple of days to create this giant honeycomb piece!! But ugh - being stung sucks if you're not good at reacting to them!!

I don't like the white face hornet though.Disturb the nest and they know exactly who to attack and they are super fast and smart.
I don't think I've ever seen a white face hornet - that'll be my next google search!! :)

Are you going to start another thread with the shots of you getting stung, I'm thinking you could name that one "NotSoBrightByNature" lol

hahaha no. Although I may, if my flabby parts don't look too bad when I look on my wife's phone later! :p

I know, thats the photo I want to see.

You don't. Trust me - it it were a video, it could be the truffle shuffle v2.0

We assume it looks more than a little like your avatar lol

I like the colors of the box, hat and flowers, like they're coordinated.

Most reactions

Back