fast memory card for Kodak z1285

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by skid2964, Apr 14, 2008.

1. skid2964

skid2964 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I just got a Kodak z1285 because I like that it can record HD video as well as offer some manual control for photos.

I took a chance on the Ritek/RiData 8gb SDHC card rated as a class 6 device. Well, the video skips, as I play it back, it jumps several frames at a time. I am going to use this card in my Canon S3 and get a different one for my Kodak. So now I need a faster card that is true to it's rating.

I am trying to choose between a Sandisk SDHC HD video card that has a rating of class 4, or the Sandisk Extreme III that is rated at class 6. I know the Extreme III is better, but more expensive.

Opinions?

Anyone had this exprerience with this camera?

2. TamiyaGuy

TamiyaGuy No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I haven't had any experience with the camera, but I have with the memory card. I love the Extreme III even though I "only" have the 2gb version. Writing to the card takes no time at all and is likewise when playing them back. Also, don't be fooled by the class 6 rating; Class 6 cards mean they have to write at a minimum of 6mb/s, and the III writes at 20mb/s.

Although the Extreme is more expensive, I would go for that any time. Just shop around a few websites and I'm sure you'll find a better deal.

On second thoughts, are you sure it's not the camera? Camera video is of a very high quality, and it can have trouble playing it back even on some PCs. Try making a video at minimum settings then try playing it back.