Fastest creature on Earth

Amazing shots! Falcons are such beautiful birds!

cheers everyone

Top stuff as usual. The only time I ever see these in teh wild is from a distance as they fly off so I'm very envious you managed to get this opporunity!

My only minor nit, is there is no catchlight in the eyes which laways makes wildlife seem lifeless to me. However, I'd take these any day over the ones I have (which is none lol).

apparently they have a few Golden eagles west of scotland, might take a trip up there some time.

you mean, like, the USA? or just the ocean? :p

great photos lostprophet: was that a wild bird? if its not you've done a good job of hidding the thongs

awesome stuff lp, these are one of my favourite birds and they are hard to photograph. I've only seen them a couple of times and both times I was just so excited to see one I didn't get any good shots. Love the second one.

apparently they have a few Golden eagles west of scotland, might take a trip up there some time.
They do, and sea Eagles. I went last year and saw some VERY high up so my pictures are pants. Going back again to Mull for a week at the end of next week so hoping to see some more. We know where the nest was last year (which your not allowed to go near to photograph) so we know what area to hang around in as a starting point this year :)

_D2N4589_seaeagle.jpg

I don't often disagree with you but as to it being the fastest creature on earth I dispute - I was when I told my wife how much that lens was that you sold me - you need a Mk III mate - you an get 10 out of focus shots per second then - :lol:

well if your offering to buy me one I'll do you a good discount ;-)

great photos lostprophet: was that a wild bird? if its not you've done a good job of hidding the thongs

not a wild bird but there was nothing to hide as the telemetry wire was behind it

awesome stuff lp, these are one of my favourite birds and they are hard to photograph. I've only seen them a couple of times and both times I was just so excited to see one I didn't get any good shots. Love the second one.

cheers

My only minor nit, is there is no catchlight in the eyes which laways makes wildlife seem lifeless to me. However, I'd take these any day over the ones I have (which is none lol).
cheers, your right about the catchlight, I did think about adding one but I don't like to add things in editing

My favourite creature in the world. Where did you see these? Are they wild or in captivity?

Really great shots. Awesome animal.

awesome colors in this series, i love #2! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back