Fastpitch Softball

SandShots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here's some shots i took of my 11 yr old daughter pitching.
even though theres work to be done with the cropping C&C welcomed.

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

by the way, pic 1-2-3 were taken with a cheapy lens 75-300 and the focusing is not all there. sometimes its to slow it picks up the background,grass, etc..

pic 4-5 were taken with a 70-200 L2.8 and focuses quick, and produces sharp images.

First off, I'd like to say...I love the fact that she's wearing two different color socks. I used to do that when I played softball (and basketball, sometimes) and people made fun of me for it. Hahaha.

In the first shot, it would've probably looked better if you were on the other side of her.
I like the second shot, except the ball is missing. Don't you hate when that happens?
In the third, it looks like your focus just missed her. The background is more in focus.
The fourth is good, but her glove is covering a tiny bit of her face.
The fifth is my favorite. When I take softball shots, I try to capture that exact moment in the wind-up.

First off, I'd like to say...I love the fact that she's wearing two different color socks. I used to do that when I played softball (and basketball, sometimes) and people made fun of me for it. Hahaha.

In the first shot, it would've probably looked better if you were on the other side of her.
I like the second shot, except the ball is missing. Don't you hate when that happens?
In the third, it looks like your focus just missed her. The background is more in focus.
The fourth is good, but her glove is covering a tiny bit of her face.
The fifth is my favorite. When I take softball shots, I try to capture that exact moment in the wind-up.

thank u.

I think the main thing to work on is focus. It's to bad too, they look like great shots if only they were in focus. Can't wait to see more.

I think the main thing to work on is focus. It's to bad too, they look like great shots if only they were in focus. Can't wait to see more.

the only ones i see out of focus is 1&3. the 75-300 i have is to slow.

What's the widest aperture you can get on that lens?
A lot of my infield shots were taken with a 50mm f/1.8 and it works great.

4.0-5.6 on the 75-300

the shots taken with the 2.8 70-200 come out sharp.

Most reactions

Back