Father's Day Tribute...Portraits of Jerry

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to go for a bit of realism in this set. Jerry is a guy who has spent his whole life farming the land that he grew up on, and is one of the hardest working fellows I have ever known. To top that off, he is also one of the nicest and most generous people I have ever known. I wanted these portraits to show his true hard-working character and sense of integrity. He has certainly earned every single line and crease in his face over the last 60 years of his life. C&C Welcome Please. Thanks for looking! :D

IMG_7773_2_700.jpg

IMG_7802_2_700.jpg

IMG_7837_2_700.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

NJ

#3 is the winner for me!!! Love how he is gazing off. Its really a natural "non posed" portrait.

Are you going to give him a printed copy?

#3 is the winner for me!!! Love how he is gazing off. Its really a natural "non posed" portrait.

Are you going to give him a printed copy?

Thanks oldnavy! I appreciate the comments as always. :) Yes, without a doubt, he will get a print of whatever he wants. ;)

BTW, awesome new avatar you have there! :thumbup:

NJ

They are noce enough shots for portraits but I think they a little bright and colorful to convey what you are trying to show.

You're right JIP. I was thinking that too, and didn't did it a step further like I should have. I made some B&W's as well, which I am posting now. This may fit a little better with his character. Thanks for pointing that out! :)

jerry1_BW.jpg

I think you did a great job on all 3, but the third one is my favorite!

My vote is for #3 as well. #2 would have been great if he had lost the glasses for just that shot. The glasses in #1 look fine. Nice work NJ, you certainly showed his creases, indicating a hard life.

I like them, but I really like his pose in #3. I've always liked looking into the horizon pics.

Nice Series.

Like everyone else, Number 3 is a real winner

aha! A job well done once again! I like the third one a lot also and the conversion to black and white you did is amazing. It tells a good story. Gives it something that the color version was missing although I did like it in color. I bet he'll like these. Great job!

Most reactions

Back