Fatty McHop

Whootsinator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These certainly aren't my best photos I've ever taken, but I thought I'd share them with you anyway. If nothing else, I figured some of you might enjoy seeing this fat-bodied beastie.

Flickr Details said:
This ridiculously fat grasshopper decided he was going to hang out in the driveway. His size must have been the only reason a bird didn't pick him up and fly away to eat... I don't they could have lifted him! Every time he tried to hop away from he landed upside down with a big smack. Not like your usual springy small grasshopper.

So, in recognition of his appreciable girth, I have dubbed him Fatty McHop.

Flickr Details said:
Fatty McHop decides to commandeer my camera bag and use it as a perch for surveying his surroundings.

Bus Rider, I'm kind of torn on the tighter crop for number 2. If I cropped it any tighter, it was kind of hard to tell what he was actually sitting on. With a slightly wider crop you can easily tell it's a camera bag. Not sure which one I'll stay with yet. I think the buckle might be a little distracting, so I might crop just that bit and a little more off of the bottom out.

Bus Rider, I'm kind of torn on the tighter crop for number 2. If I cropped it any tighter, it was kind of hard to tell what he was actually sitting on. With a slightly wider crop you can easily tell it's a camera bag. Not sure which one I'll stay with yet. I think the buckle might be a little distracting, so I might crop just that bit and a little more off of the bottom out.

Since you say in your profile that it is not ok to edit your photos, I will share my 2 cents in text...

I see your point of view... Perhaps a portrait orientation instead of horizontal?

My photos are not OK to edit without my permission. The Almighty Whootsinator grants His permission in this instance. Edit Away! [/pretentious Kingly voice]

Last edited:
My photos are not OK to edit without my permission. That Almighty Whootsinator grants His permission in this instance. Edit Away! [/pretentious Kingly voice]

:lol: okie dokey... Remember... this is just an idea. :)

Perhaps something like....

4731524546_bc2196f662_b.jpg

I actually like that one better. It seems to draw the focus a lot better. The only thing that bugs me is cutting off the carrying strap, and it coming back into frame... But if the image is cropped to include the strap and still remove the buckle, the grasshopper isn't framed well, and is staring into the end of the image on the left... HMMM

I still like it a lot better. I've made the original invisible in my photostream and uploaded a slightly wider crop than yours on the original:

Sorry for the quick double post, but I did another crop to get rid of the blue-gray color on the left of the crop. Which do you guys like better between this and the one above?

Thanks. Looking back through this thread, I see that I've made the images universally unavailable... I was hoping that even though the images were blocked from my photostream, I could still share them with a direct link. Oh well.

Thanks again for the comments, and leading me to a better image! :hug::

Most reactions

Back