faucet in black and white

johngpt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I ventured into the back yard this afternoon, stalking anything with texture. The faucet squeaked, "shoot me please."

09Aug08, 40D EF-S 60 lens, ISO 200, Av, 1/125sec at f/4.5. Converted to b+w with channel mixer layer.

2748144614_33ca5ba222_b.jpg

Nice, interesting how something so simple can be so complex. I like that it's B&W, as it brings out the texture.

I prefer the colour version ... seems more vibrant. The fact that the bottom part of the valve is not in focus becomes more obvious in the conversion, I think (or I might now be looking differently since I already KNOW it is not in focus :scratch: ) .

I prefer the colour version ... seems more vibrant. The fact that the bottom part of the valve is not in focus becomes more obvious in the conversion, I think (or I might now be looking differently since I already KNOW it is not in focus :scratch: ) .
I think I understand more of what you are saying now than when I read your comment at the colour version. If I were to get the lower portion of the faucet in motion, I think I'd compose the image a bit differently. Thank you for your ideas.

I haven't seen the colour version yet, but I quite like this one. Nice and sharp detail on the handle, and I like the diagonal line to the composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back