Faulty Filter help?

MrTom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,
I've just signed up to the forum (said my hello). I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to taking a "proper" photograph.

Anyways I was taking some shots using my nisi v5 pro system with a format hi-tech firecrest 10 stop filter and noticed it had a pin hole in the coating...
Contacted amazon and they sent me a replacement next day.

So the new filter looks totally different to the original one and by the looks of let's more light through. Not sure what's going on here as they both say firecresthat ND 3.0 on... pics below

Thanks for any input

Communicate with the manufacturer directly. It is possible that they have altered their manufacturing process or one of those is mislabeled.

Communicate with the manufacturer directly. It is possible that they have altered their manufacturing process or one of those is mislabeled.

Thanks for the reply mate... that's a crazy mistake if it has been mislabelled as the firecrest ND 3.0 is etched into the filters lol

Sent them an email before asking you guys but was curious as to whether any of you seasoned folk had seen anything like the above.

Cheers

People will counterfeit anything these days.

Most reactions

Back