Fav holiday movie?

Gandalf said:
voodoocat said:
Another vote for A Christmas Story :thumbsup:

Is that the movie about the little boy and his BB Gun?

If so, part of it was shot near my house! 8)

sorry vcat fer answering it....but yep. that's the one...the red ryder bb gun. That's cool Gand. There is also a sequel to this movie called "Ollie HopNoodle's Haven of Bliss"...errr..i think i might even be a trilogy.

:shock: Not one vote for It's a wonderful life??

I do like that movie, though A Christmas Story is my fav.

Have any of you guys seen a short animated Rankin-Bass rip off that had the cast of the ever so popular rudolph the rednosed reindeer but it was turned into a brutal mob story. I've only seen it once and FOR THE LIFE of me i can't rember the name. It was in a collection of short films i found years ago... All i remember is Santa waking up with rudolph's head in his bed(much like the godfather) and he goes nuts on a group of mob elves. It might have been a Smigel (dude from SNL) short but can't find it on SNL site. :?:

mygrain said:
Have any of you guys seen a short animated Rankin-Bass rip off that had the cast of the ever so popular rudolph the rednosed reindeer but it was turned into a brutal mob story. I've only seen it once and FOR THE LIFE of me i can't rember the name. It was in a collection of short films i found years ago... All i remember is Santa waking up with rudolph's head in his bed(much like the godfather) and he goes nuts on a group of mob elves. It might have been a Smigel (dude from SNL) short but can't find it on SNL site. :?:

That sounds familiar to me, but I can't put my finger on it either. That does sound like a Robert Smigel to me though! :)

Hertz van Rental said:
AlisonS said:
:shock: Not one vote for It's a wonderful life??

I do like that movie, though A Christmas Story is my fav.

Argh! I'd forgotten about that one. It's brilliant! :D
I'll second that!

I like "A Christmas Carol" but only the old, old wobbly B&W versions from 1953 (I think) and there used to be one from the 30's, but all these hideous re-dos have bumped them off the rotation these days. :?

I like "It's A Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Story" is a modern classic. :D

mygrain said:

After doing a little research...it wasn't made by SNL, but by Mad TV and they made two of them. They are really funny.

One and two.

hobbes28 said:
mygrain said:

After doing a little research...it wasn't made by SNL, but by Mad TV and they made two of them. They are really funny.

One and two.

HOBBES RULEZ!!!!! if you guys haven't seen this then check it out because it is sooooooooooo freaking funny!!! Thanks again!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!!!! :smileys:

mygrain said:
HOBBES RULEZ!!!!! if you guys haven't seen this then check it out because it is sooooooooooo freaking funny!!! Thanks again!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!!!! :smileys:

I remembered seeing it too, couldn't remember who wrote it and thought it was really funny. Yet again, google saves the day.

Griswold!

I love all the Rankin Bass animated clay people ones like The Year Without A Santa Claus

Snow Goose(actually called The Twelve Gifts) - xmas cartoon is my all time favourite and Im constantly searching for it on video or DVD. If anyone knows where it can be found, please let me know!
Its this crazy 70's cartoon set in NY I think.
Santa loses the meaning of Christmas and so his friend "SNow Goose" goes to find the meaning by bringing him the 12 gifts of the 12 days of Xmas.
The music is awesome and the lines the maids a milking and the lords a leapin(with 70s afros) have are hilarious.

"Hey gooseh!"
"Hey man, dig that crazeh goose!"

I MUST FIND IT BEFORE I DIE!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back