Favorite 4/3rds Micro Lens?

There's a no-name CCTV based 8mm f/3.8 fisheye lens available for ~£60 which is quite fun.
eg. 8mm f/3.8 CCTV MFT mount Fisheye lens for 4/3" camera Micro M4/3 Panasonic OM-D | eBay

And of course you can adapt practically any old lenses you already have. I find this easily gives some longer focal lengths if you don't mind going manual :)

If you want AF, lenses like the Panasonic Vario 45-200 can be had (used) for under £150 & perform quite well. Mine gives me better results than my adapted lenses for practically all action shots.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There's a no-name CCTV based 8mm f/3.8 fisheye lens available for ~£60 which is quite fun.
eg. 8mm f/3.8 CCTV MFT mount Fisheye lens for 4/3" camera Micro M4/3 Panasonic OM-D | eBay

And of course you can adapt practically any old lenses you already have. I find this easily gives some longer focal lengths if you don't mind going manual :)

If you want AF, lenses like the Panasonic Vario 45-200 can be had (used) for under £150 & perform quite well. Mine gives me better results than my adapted lenses for practically all action shots.

OHH!!!!! Neat!

Manual is not a problem.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For size comparison, I used my dog's tennis ball. She got excited, then sad when she realized I wasn't going to throw it for her.

Olympus 17mm f/1.8 Lens Hood Off by Wade, on Flickr

Olympus 17mm f/1.8 Lens Hood On by Wade, on Flickr

Olympus 45mm f/1.8 Lens Hood Off by Wade, on Flickr

Olympus 45mm f/1.8 Lens Hood On by Wade, on Flickr

Olympus 14-150mm f/4-5.6 II Lens Hood Up by Wade, on Flickr

Olympus 14-150mm f/4-5.6 II Lens Hood Down by Wade, on Flickr

Those things are so small, even compared to my little 35 prime (my smallest lens). I can't steal a ball from my chihuahua to compare the zoom to.. she plays with balls she steals from the cats... but it looks about the same size as the 50 Nikon lens. Neat.

Many thanks for the photos, heh.

....did you throw it for her afterwards? Poor thing, LOL.

Last edited:
The lens and system are very portable.

....did you throw it for her afterwards? Poor thing, LOL.
I did, after she stole it from the coffee table. :)

It's here, and I have one of those manual CCTV lenses on it. Instead of being outside taking emo photos of a grey, rainy day... I have a black/grey screen. I've emailed the seller, they say it works fine... so it must be the lens?
Photo by Kat M., on Flickr

Is there a trick to using one of these adapters that I'm too derpy to see? I lined up the little hole with the little button thingy. I'll be ordering a Sigma 19mm or 17mm later this week. If it still doesn't work, back it goes.

Edit to add, I've tried M, S, A and P on the dial.

It's here, and I have one of those manual CCTV lenses on it. Instead of being outside taking emo photos of a grey, rainy day... I have a black/grey screen. I've emailed the seller, they say it works fine... so it must be the lens?

Is there a trick to using one of these adapters that I'm too derpy to see? I lined up the little hole with the little button thingy. I'll be ordering a Sigma 19mm or 17mm later this week. If it still doesn't work, back it goes.

When putting on the lens do not press the lens release button. Only press the button to release the lens. Screw on the lens and let it click on place.

When putting on the lens do not press the lens release button. Only press the button to release the lens. Screw on the lens and let it click on place.

I did this twice. A small orange light flashed at me from the bottom right corner, but there is still no image.

You may have some luck asking your question here: Adapted Lenses

I figured out the problem. The adapter isn't cut quite right for the lens. The little lens sensor rod wasn't being fully released like it must be to allow the sensor to work. I either need a drill for a few minutes or a new adapter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back