Favorite Movie

Movies is like music for me... I just could never pick a single favorite. I'll list a few favorites that stand out.

Clay Pigeons
Run Lola Run
Spirited Away
Cannibal the Musical
O Brother Where art thou
Resevoir Dogs

The life of David Gale. Its interesting to see what someone would do for a cause.

And on the lighter side, Still Crazy - you got to love the brit comedy :LOL:

Oh an Rockstar is a good one too.

For war movies, my favorite would be Band of Brothers by far. Granted it's a 10 hr miniseries it was incredible.

Scent of a Woman
Shawshank Redemption
The English Patient
Jerry Maguire
Matrix (1)
Catch me if you can
The Beach
Broken Arrow
Face Off
Passion of the Christ
Saving Private Ryan
Godfather
Ocean's Eleven
The Bourne Identity
A Beautiful Mind
The Saint
Braveheart
Gladiator

captain-spanky said:
Saving Private Ryan is quite good but it's very 'american'

yeah ill agree. but it was very accurate in my eyes. the sharpshooter(jackson) was the best character. nothing beats saying the lords prayer while popping nazi's at 1000 yards.

md

StvShoop said:
with all this talk about shawshank redemption, i feel like i should say something too :wink:
i think it's a fabulous movie overall. but the thing is, it's not something that you are able to or would want to watch very often, so i don't have it on my favorites list. seems to me like a favorite movie should be something you can watch anytime, whether you're paying full attention or if it's just in the background, no matter what mood you're in, etc. maybe redemption is that kind of movie for you people, i'm just not getting it. it could be that i'm a product of the mtv generation :shock:

how odd. :p

it's TOTALLY that kind of movie for me. i watch it at least 3 times a week, i kid you not. and i've never gotten tired of it. i know that movie like the back of my hand. :)

I like Guy Ritchie's movies...Snatch and Lock, Stock & Two smoking barrels.

Also;
Fight Club
Rudy
Shawshank
Ace Ventura
Happy Gilmore
Caddy Shack
I am Sam - talk about a tear jerker
Braveheart
The Lord or the Rings, trilogy - although I know & love the books much more.

voodoocat said:

Cannibal the Musical...

That movie ROCKS!!!!! There's nothing like a pioneer film with feeling and grissel. :lol:

My top three favorite movies of all time(so far) is...

1."A Shock to the System" with Michael Caine because Caine as a villian is just a beatuiful thing!
2."Shakes the Clown" because I'm a sick sick puppy!
3."Blade Runner" because a Ridley Scott film based on Philip K. Dick novel starring Harrison Ford is what electric dreams are made of!!!

Runners up:
"The Haunting", The B&W old one because it's the scarriest movie I've ever seen.
"Open Your Eyes", because it blew my mind and I'm still picking up the pieces.
"12 Angry Men" because Henry Fonda ROCKS!
"The Third Man" one of the best film noir .
"South Park: the Movie" because I can watch it over and over again and never get tired of it( that says a lot to me).
"Officespace" see southpark plus i can relate to it so well.

Looks like The Shawshank Redemption is the popular one here! And the weird thing about that is, if I'm not mistaken, that movie didn't even do well in the box office. It's doing great in video sales/rentals, though!

Most reactions

Back