Favorite photographers (who aren't you)

DoctorDino

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Don't you dare say that you are your favorite photographer, because I know you totally aren't. Your photography can't be your favorite, because you're you. You all know that.

Start spewing some names, people.

My favorite photographer is rising instagram star Ravi Vora. His use of colors and tones is incredible. Awesome cinematographer as well.

Check him out Instagram

I also like the work of Willem (15), Bob (15), and Bastiaan (17) Sizoo as well. Their style is really unique and the maturity that pours from their photos is really cool for a bunch of teenagers.

I know a lot of people absolutely hate their editing style, but I think it's neat, even if they do crank the constrast thingy in lightroom up all the way for every picture.

Instagram
Instagram
Instagram

Others would be Dyaln Furst Instagram
Pei Ketron Instagram (iphone only)
And Adam Partridge Instagram (iphone only)

Jerry Ulesman has been a favorite of mine since high school. I mean, really- who can do THAT with film?! Absolutely incredible.

Sue Bryce is a more recent favorite

Trey Ratcliff for landscape, and a local artist named Lars Leber. I'd say I like 75% or so of his work. Some of it is just downright incredible and some of it is just too over processed for my tastes.

Jerry Ulesman has been a favorite of mine since high school. I mean, really- who can do THAT with film?! Absolutely incredible.

Trey Ratcliff for landscape, and a local artist named Lars Leber. I'd say I like 75% or so of his work. Some of it is just downright incredible and some of it is just too over processed for my tastes.

Jazzie, did you know Jerry Uelsmann's wife is also a photographer? She also creates montages, but using Photoshop. He still works in the darkroom. They were both in the NYTimes photo blog a couple of years ago:

Maggie Taylor: http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/13/in-her-garden-of-digital-delights/
Jerry Uelsmann: http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/12/jerry-uelsmanns-analog-dreams/

Jazzie, did you know Jerry Uelsmann's wife is also a photographer? She also creates montages, but using Photoshop. He still works in the darkroom. They were both in the NYTimes photo blog a couple of years ago:

Maggie Taylor: http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/13/in-her-garden-of-digital-delights/
Jerry Uelsmann: http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/12/jerry-uelsmanns-analog-dreams/
I had no idea!! I'll have to go study up a bit* thank you!

Rankin
Mark Abrahams
Portraits By Sam (This is a trade name. I don't even know her actual full name.)
Emily Soto

Portraits are definitely my thing. And these guys, as far as I'm concerned, are the masters :)
I loved the lighting and processing. I didn't notice the catchlights as it was a quick look from my cellphone. I'll have to pull them upon a bigger screen soon.

Just did a quick once over of those. I'm in LOVE with "portraits by Sam!"
[/QUOTE]

I know, right? They are so awesome. The colours she puts together and some of the catchlights in her subjects' eyes are just stunning!

Currently, Susan Stripling for wedding related work. Benjamin Von Wong for creative work.

Ooooooh, Von Wong is amazing too! I'm currently planning a shoot in a similar vain to his shot of the bird woman with the feathery costume on the cliff, but I'm doing mine in a studio. I have a couple of his images in my mood board that I shared with my model, MUA and costume designer. Great stuff!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back