FBI reprimanded me for taking pictures...

As much as you think 'those Philistines' [what the hell does that even have to do with a LE agent?] will not understand why you love what you do, I bet you don't understand [nor appreciate] why they do what they do.
Yes, I know, understand and can respect what they do (the FBI and local police, not those pretend TSA "police"). But I remain to be convinced that taking photos somehow presents a security risk.

I use "philistines" in the non-historical sense.

Okay that one made me laugh my ass off!!!!

I can see it now...

newspaper.jpg

:lol:

I think gender can make a difference. I think men are more likely to be bothered about someone thinking they are a terrorist. I guess it is a tradeoff, as a woman I get questioned less, but I also can't go to some of the sketchier areas that I would be braver to visit as a man :)

I've had security come after me for shooting a building once in their parking lot. I don't know what they wanted to say cause I got in my car and took off before they got to me!

Airport security generally looks for a few seconds in the x-ray and I tell them its camera equipment and they let it go. When I came back from Abu Dhabi, I did have to turn the camera on, and the gal checked through the bag, but that was about it.
I've been forbidden to take my camera into a secure office before (also in Abu
Dhabi) and security made me leave it with them. They were very nice about it
though. They put it in a locked desk drawer after they could see I was about to have a stroke and they even offered to keep it for me if I didn't want it :lol:

By the way, DFW airport does allow photography. Permits are only $1000 for 4-8 hours of shooting!

That's the commercial permit, read the exeptions part, it clearly states no permit is needed for non-commercial personal use or news-gathering

I'm surprised this happened. I mean it suggests that you are not allowed to take photos in an airport, but I don't remember seeing signs for this before. I don't see the harm in it personally. The only thing it could serve as would be a distraction, but then there are lots of other things that could serve as a distraction.

It amazes me how the U.S. airports are so strict, and how in contrast, Japan is much more relaxed. I once took a connecting flight through a Japanese airport and all of the guards were female and very petite, greeting us with smiles. I don't think we encountered one real guard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back