fd lens: help quick! (ebay)

might be best to avoid
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us&iid=110285457949
most of the feedback is from the same person over and over again = might mean he made some large sales, but could also mean he is trying to push his ratings up
box looks abit dogeared = whilst there is clear dust on the lens (ok its not a major crime, but it means a little lax in taking a (large!) stock photo - a little bit impatient with taking the stock photo a little bit impatient with adding the foam pakaging?

yeeeah, just saw that. i'll skip.
thanks

This is a no-name lens not even worth $20. You can pick them up at yard sales for a lot less. Only buy the brand name stuff (Vivitar, Tamron and, of course Canon). I have seen some really poor results (low contrast images, rough focusing and zooming action) with brands such as "Sun". You should be able to find the real Canon stuff if you look around. The best use for this lens is dust collector (you can see the present owner tacitly agrees!).

Best avoided. Third party zoom lenses from that era are usually quite poor optically. Also, I bought a Canonet from this seller a few years ago. It was described as mint and in perfect working order but wasn't. Even if I got a refund I was not too pleased with the
experience with this seller.

Edit: I just realised that this seller has only been registered for a few months. Weird!! The seller I had a bad experience with had exactly the same style of listings: large, poor quality photos on a pale blue blanket (with dusty items), poor descriptions of items and all listings in capital letters. Unfortunately, I cannot find the name of the seller anymore as it was quite a long time ago. Maybe it is the same guy, maybe it isn't. The comment about the quality of the lens is still valid though.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back