FD lenses and adapter

anel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello, i'm very eager to use older FD lenses on my canon 30D, i don't want to mess up and buy an adapter that will either suck or not even work with the lens that i get..
i've been browsing through many lenses so my question is, with a budget of around 100€, which adapter and FD lens can i get and will not disappointed (will be sharp).. i'm not interested in tele photo lenses because i own a 70-200 2.8, i'm especially interested in the 20-70mm range.
please help, i don't mind using nikkor or any other off brand lens aswell, i'm just confused in which adapter i need for each.

been reading through that a couple of hours ago, didn't help much..
i'd really like to hear if anyone has any experience with these lenses aswell.. anyway i'm not sure what lenses would work great and which adapter fits correctly (an ebay link would be awesome too heh..)
also, what about nikkor lenses?
what about the 35mm F2.8? it looks great.. costs 70€..but what adapter do i need for it? is it all that?

Last edited:
Sorry, I do not have any old manual focus lens. But from what I read in the past, I will not bother using the FD lens unless it is a super super GOOD lens. To have ability to focus to infinity, the EOS to FD adapter require a lens in the adapter. And it also act as a multiplier. (Like a teleconverter) And from what I read, the result are so so even using the one made by Canon. And you need to stop down the lens to get the ok result.

If you really want to use some of the older manual focus lens, I think the older Pentax K mount, M42 mounts, Tamron Adaptall mount and T-mount are good since you should be able to find them everywhere.

i finally landed on this guy, he's selling a czj 35mm f2.8 and a m42 adapter.. this is a pretty good lens right?

Most reactions

Back