Feasibility Portfolio.

Ideologue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have spent the last few days [almost] furiously putting together what images I could, the purpose of which being to display them on-line and learn as many opinions on them as possible. This is a part of a feasibility study for my business plan.

Not only do I seek technical advise, but I also seek to find out if the sort of pictures I take are commercially viable, at all!

So please could you post back any comments, no mater how abusive, I can take it. But bear in mind that I am currently without equipment (apart from my computer). Most of the pictures were taken several years ago and scanned onto my hard drive at the beginning of this year. Some of the other pictures were hurriedly snapped over the weekend using a borrowed digital camera with an extremely low resolution capability. Of course if I had proper equipment (which I should soon be gaining) then my pictures would be different to the [old] ones in my on-line album / portfolio. I just had to produce what I could with what I had available to me in a very short amount of time.

Enough excuses. Here is the link:

http://ideologue.myphotoalbum.com

I appreciate your time.

Commercially viable for what?

As "fine art" prints, IMHO no.
But as say fashion or maybe album covers, I think your style would be good in this type of areas.

I like the work. Your fashion/goth like style is pretty unique.

But you need to produce a whole lot more to start showing it as a portfolio.

I hope some of this helps.

i really like some of those. well done.

KevinR is right, these would make good fashion photographs or album covers/posters.

he is also right in saying that you should give more. try seperating them into the different themes and/or styles that you incorporate in your photos.

Thanks for the feedback.

Albums / music, etc. is one of the main areas I intend to aim for, so I appreciate your encouragement. As far as fine art goes, I know the pics I linked to are not exactly in that category, but once I have [decent] equipment things should hopefully improve! I have plenty of new ideas, but am currently bereft of the means to execute them!

Again, regarding a proper portfolio, as soon as the camera exists its factory packaging it will be in constant use. So with a little luck I will develop a proper collection of pictures which I can be confident in showing, unlike the only ones I have which I linked to, as I have to show something for the research / paperwork!

those would make fantastic album covers / potraits for bands, hope maybe someone will see them and offer ya something haha
so you get a +1 from me
I may use that site to host my growing collection

Most reactions

Back