Feather CC

Abby Rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A guinea feather, sitting where the garage was before an ice storm knocked it down. :confused: I always like their feathers. They are pretty unusual compared to what the chickens leave lying around. :)

That's a split log behind it, and part of the garages foundation in front.

Original A
DSC06450.jpg

BW A
DSC06450B.jpg

Original B
DSC06451.jpg

BW B
DSC06451B.jpg

What are your thoughts? :)

If you are handholding the camera you need to use a shutter speed faster than 1/60. These were all taken at 1/30 and suffer from motion blur making them not very sharp at all. The background doesn't do very much for me either.

Yep, handheld. Too low to the ground for a (my?) tripod... could I have propped it on something to reduce blur, you think? I've always sort of wondered about that, but the few times I've tried it I end up having to hold it, and then it shakes... yadda yadda yadda..

But thanks. :)

For me the background is too similar to the subject, makes it harder to differentiate and the feather sort of disappears into it. The rock or whatever that is in the foreground doesn't do much for me either. The black & white definitely helps since the colors didnt add much to begin with but the tones between everything is just too similar for my taste

Yep, handheld. Too low to the ground for a (my?) tripod... could I have propped it on something to reduce blur, you think? I've always sort of wondered about that, but the few times I've tried it I end up having to hold it, and then it shakes... yadda yadda yadda..

But thanks. :)

Resting the camera on anything will reduce the amount of camera shake. It is best to place it on a stationary object (bean bags work great - they allow you to somewhat position the camera as you want it) and use the camera's self timer to virtually eliminate camera shake. You can further reduce it by using the mirror lockup function on your camera (the movement of the mirror is sometimes enough to cause an image to lose sharpness).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back