Feather Of Lead

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
"bright smoke, cold fire, sick health, still waking sleep, that is not what it is"

Playing with a few ideas this evening. These are the three I weeded from the bunch with the first pass on editing. Can't decide which of the three to finish. Suggestions on the pick and other comments???? I know I need to repair the edge of the feather.

Burning feather08092017_735.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Burning feather08092017_740.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Burning feather08092017_746.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice images, I don't get the correlation.

Sorry I may have gone off the "artsy, fartsy, deep end". I found the feather a few days ago, in the woods, and have been trying to come up with an idea ever since. I'm also fascinated by the random patterns smoke creates. While searching for ideas, I came across this quote from Romeo & Juliet, Act 1, Scene 1, an introduction to Romeo. The quote is a series of oxymora, that don't necessarily go together, but illustrate the duality of of love and the extremes someone might feel. In the images the randomness of the smoke, and the precise patterns of the lines in the feather was an attempt to represent the instance of opposition or contrast between two concepts or two aspects of something and the extremes in patterns. Is this to much of a stretch? :chuncky:

I think the feather would be a nice image on the solid black background on its own.

Is there color or is that the natural color?

I think the feather would be a nice image on the solid black background on its own.

Is there color or is that the natural color?

I have a couple of just the feather and it did make a nice image but didn't follow my theme of opposite patterns.

The first three are color, though there isn't much color to show, which is why I think I prefer the later B&W conversion.

Sorry I may have gone off the "artsy, fartsy, deep end". I found the feather a few days ago, in the woods, and have been trying to come up with an idea ever since. I'm also fascinated by the random patterns smoke creates. While searching for ideas, I came across this quote from Romeo & Juliet, Act 1, Scene 1, an introduction to Romeo. The quote is a series of oxymora, that don't necessarily go together, but illustrate the duality of of love and the extremes someone might feel. In the images the randomness of the smoke, and the precise patterns of the lines in the feather was an attempt to represent the instance of opposition or contrast between two concepts or two aspects of something and the extremes in patterns. Is this to much of a stretch? :chuncky:

Got it. Well, I think #1 has the best balance in regards to the smoke. You may want to fire off a burst of frames. IMO, you want the right balance of smoke to feather. Definitely a black and white render. Cool project, looks interesting.

Got it. Well, I think #1 has the best balance in regards to the smoke. You may want to fire off a burst of frames. IMO, you want the right balance of smoke to feather. Definitely a black and white render. Cool project, looks interesting.

I had hoped you would see the logic of the direction I was taking. I knew going it was something many wouldn't connect. I was using a tripod with the shutter on remote. I need to review and convert the others to B&W as I agree I think it adds to the image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back