Feather on a cliff

Fate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidhedgesphotography.carbonmade.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all, another one from wales... well two actually. Their basically the same shot, but i was messing around with aperture priority and im not sure which one i like more :) so i would appriciate your input! thanks!

1.)
Feathershallowdofedited.jpg

2.)
Featherlargedofedited.jpg

The depth of field is nice in the first one, focusing the attention on the feather... but it is a shame to lose the cliffs on the background... on the second one the feather is kinda lost in the corner, for the cliffs are impressive... hard to decide.

I think the 1st one is better, and that the 2nd one would improve if the feather was not so far in he corner...

i like the second one. because the whole lanscape can be a good subject for the photo, but not only the black stick

If you wanted to photograph THE FEATHER, then DOF in the first is good but the feather is too dark. The impression of being a bit myoptic and longing to have glasses prevails, I'm afraid.

For a photo of the landscape around the feather DOF in 2 is better, of course, and that DOF actually asks for the feather to be gone from the frame ... so Photo 2 is shifting focus so very much elsewhere that the feather is actually a bit distracting.

I hope I don't come across as too negative here...........

i prefer the second one, but i tihnk it would have been better if the whole photo was in focus, put the aperture very small and focus on the feather, if the bg is still out of focus move the point of focus further forward, so that the feather is still in focus but so should the bg..

too much focus, not sure if that made any sense...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back