• 08FebPhoto30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 08FebPhoto32

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have also seen that same photo in black and white. I could have sworn that the purpose of the challenge was to test your eye not just adapt the picture with photoshop.

I have also seen that same photo in black and white. I could have sworn that the purpose of the challenge was to test your eye not just adapt the picture with photoshop.

Wasn't one of my smoke images. Must have been someone else's that looked similar. But thank you, ladies, for continuing to talk about my submission after I requested that you take it up with me directly.

LOL, I was also talking about another submission.. But its all good... I also didn't see your previous post until after you wrote this one.. Sorry bout that.
Your smoke is awesome.

Wasn't one of my smoke images. Must have been someone else's that looked similar. But thank you, ladies, for continuing to talk about my submission after I requested that you take it up with me directly.

You are the only person who has identified yourself as the subject of our conversation, and you are the only person who has identified the photo which we are talking about. We were keeping it discreet, you chose to identify yourself and your photo. And I believe the point of posting a pic that's never been posted before is to keep the entries anonymous.

Again, unaware that I had previously posted a similar image. I'm done discussing this here. PM me or have a Mod PM me if you feel that there is still an issue that needs to be resolved.

I'm not trying to get into the middle of this or anything, but ShavedMonkey, I don't think they were talking about your submission specifically, I believe it was more a general question, or one that pertained to several submissions.

There are some really nice entries, some very interesting pictures!

In regards to what has been being discussed above, someone in here (I shall not name names) needs to just relax. Seriously. I can talk about my submission since the polls are closed, it's the one of the face (mine) black and white and I just added red, green, and blue after with PhotoShop. If that's against the rules, I didn't know. But I don't think it is. I was creatively bankrupt, so I did a cop out shot for fun. And in regards to shots being redone, I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be a new photo used in the contest, but whatever. It doesn't really matter, I mean, this is just a fun little contest, at least, I thought it was. And someone in here needs to relax a bit. Come on everyone, this is photography, this is supposed to be fun, this isn't supposed to be some big uptight ordeal where people debate rules or anything. Let's all just enjoy taking pictures, and enjoy sharing them, not go around nitpicking about what is or is not allowed and instigating.

Let's be friends, come on.

The question was really in regards to whether editing a photo that had already been posted in another thread prior to the challenge qualified it as a "new" photo, not whether or not using Photoshop was allowed. It is just for fun, and fun it is, but the rules clearly state that the photo was not to have been posted in a thread previous to the challenge. I accidentally put that my submission had previously been posted on the forum (I deleted the N instead of the Y) and almost got rejected. An answer to the question would still be good for everyone to know. As I said before, I don't care either way... would just like to know what the powers that be have to say, in case someday I would like to do the same... Honestly, I never expected the response I got to my original inquiry... Just here for fun

I mean, this is just a fun little contest, at least, I thought it was. And someone in here needs to relax a bit. Come on everyone, this is photography, this is supposed to be fun, this isn't supposed to be some big uptight ordeal where people debate rules or anything. Let's all just enjoy taking pictures, and enjoy sharing them, not go around nitpicking about what is or is not allowed and instigating.

Let's be friends, come on.

Totally agreed. However, the mods apparently don't feel this way and are disqualifying my submission. I've requested that my account be removed from this site because I would prefer to share my images on a site that doesn't operate in such a petty and ridiculous manner.

Totally agreed. However, the mods apparently don't feel this way and are disqualifying my submission. I've requested that my account be removed from this site because I would prefer to share my images on a site that doesn't operate in such a petty and ridiculous manner.

Damn, it was a great submission too. Better luck with your next photography forum endeavors. Peace.

I'm sorry to see you go Shaved monkey, I honestly wasn't talking about your submission, or Trentons..

As ShavedMonkey has already said, we have decided to remove photo 31 from the challenge. It is unfortunate as it was a great photo, but a mistake was made that violated the rules.

Sorry ShavedMonkey that you've decided to leave. We were looking forward to your participation in future challenges. Best of luck to you.

With photo 31 being removed from competition it means photo 12 is the winner of the Feb photo challenge.

Photo 12, entitled "The Forbidden Kiss", was submitted by unruly. Congratulations unruly, this was a great submission for the Red,Green, Blue challenge.

96-08FebPhoto12-theforbiddenkiss.jpg

Most reactions

Back