February '05 Photo Challenge - "Mysterious" - Sponsored by Lensbabies.com

I think the only reason they ask for you to e-mail them so that they can host them is so that they know that all images will be available when the voting starts. If they're all hosted at the same place there is no chance of some not being available when people review them. They can also filter images if they need to.

Well I've got a nice picture sitting on my hard-drive which would be good for this.

Well I've submitted my photo now. Does voting take place on the 28th or something like that?

Yes, the photos will be posted somewhere around the beginning of next month and the voting will be open for 7 days. On the 7th day, the photo with the most votes wins and is displayed on our front page for the entire month. And starting with this month, the winner also gets a prize :)

Zach :D

Even im excited now...I...ive just got a lack of inspiration :(

Sam? You said April and march aswell right? I know this is kinda rude, and I beg your pardon, but...Do we win prizes for those compitions aswell? hehe....just wondering is all :)

andre_gwynt said:
Maybe stupid question but how do you vote? I tried to vote for January's black and white...

Anyway I send in my first competition photo :) I am in for February :)
On the 28th of February we will post a poll with all the photos on it. The voting will stay open for 7 days, at the end of the 7 days the poll will be closed and the one with the most votes will win the prize(and get their photo displayed on the front page for the following month.:D

Photos are always posted on the 1st (unless you live on the other side of the world) of the following month. The reason for that is that there are always plenty of last minute submissions for challenges. Posting photos on the 1st means that all photos submitted on the last day have a chance to be included.
The only time that this would change is if I am unable to post the photos on the 1st, in which case I'll post them on the 28th or 2nd.

andre_gwynt said:
Maybe stupid question but how do you vote? I tried to vote for January's black and white...

Anyway I send in my first competition photo :) I am in for February :)

When you first open the Submitted photos thread you should see a long list of poll options. After viewing the photos you can select the photo you wish to vote for by clicking on one of the radio buttons and then clicking on the Vote Now button.
You do have to be logged in order to vote and once you've voted once you cannot vote again.

It says to keep the file under 70k, but are there any recommendations on max width/height?

Most reactions

Back