feedback on camera backpacks~~~

Devananda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
now that I have my nice new camera I got to protect it...
I AM mostly going to be doing outdoor wildlife, landscap and the like and was looking at a few defferent packs.

the lowepro dry zone...

the lowepro slingshoot 200 or the 300...

or maybe some off brand...

I will be housing a nikon d80 18-70 and 80-200 lenses
any feedback ~thoughts are welcome!!!

The dryzone bags are pretty heavy duty...and very expensive. I'd recommend somthing like that if you were going to be on a boat or around open water.

Lowepro also has a line of AW (all weather) bags, which are pretty good if you are just out in the rain. I have a Lowepro Computrekker AW. It's a backpack style bag with room for a laptop, along with the regular camera storage and miscellaneous storage. AW bags have a fairly water resistant fabric with overlaps at the zippers...also, they have a built-in rain cover. I had this bag with me when I went to Costa Rica...during the rainy season. The bag was great and saved me a lot of trouble as I didn't have to worry much about if my gear was staying dry.

The problem with backpack style bags, is that they are hard to access and hard to open up when you don't have a place to put them.

The slingshot bags are much more convenient for access to your gear but they may not be as comfortable for long hikes or trips. Also, the backpack can easily hold a tripod on the outside.

I can attest to the quality of Lowepro bags, I have three. They are well built and well designed. There other good brands as well. Off the top of my head; Tamrac, Crumpler...

I'm another happy user of Lowepros. Tamrac is another good brand.

If I were to get one today, I'd check out the Kata series.

I have the Slingshot 200 AW. It is a great compromise between the capacity of a backpack with the easy access of a shoulder bag. However, unlike a backpack the weight is still on one shoulder so it is not as comfortable as a true backpack when carrying heavy equipment.

I generally prefer shoulder bags over backpacks as I find accessing the backpack pretty inconvenient.

Another vote for the lowepro slingshot 200AW

Just got delivered today. I think its great! (cant attest to its comfort as I havent gone anywhere with it hehe)

If I were to get one today, I'd check out the Kata series.[/quote]

WOW I love the kata HB 207..... thanks for pointing it out! :):hail:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back