Feedback on my Pics Please

foucault

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, Im 16 and I just started getting interested in photography. I was in amy backyard taking some shots, please give me your feedback. thanks alot.

-mike

Welcome to the forum. I'm no expert by any means, but these are my comments about the first pic, which is my fave of the series. You have good depth of field (ie the flowers are in focus and the background isn't), but I personally feel the bee should have been in sharper focus as it's an element of interest in the shot. I also like the composition, with the flower linked to the side of the shot rather than placed in the centre.

I

Heya Mike and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
You have found yourself a very pleasing new hobby! Keep taking photos, keep posting them, keep learning. There is so much to learn!

Nice finds in your backgarden!
I agree with Antarctican here in that the bee on the flower of the first photo ought to have been in focus, now that it is not, it distracts quite a bit from the rest of the photo. But the choice of DOF (depth of field) is pleasing in that one.

The second is also quite nice, but I think there was not enough light there among the leaves for you to get a fast enough shutter speed. That photo shows a bit of motion blur from moving the camera during exposure. Just as tad. I don't know what you work with, but maybe you can change the ISO when the surroundings become quite dark and thus shorten the shutter speed?

Keep photographing and keep posting. You are on the right track.

Most reactions

Back