Votes: 2 25.0%

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

rub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I am back with more website questions.

I contacted a few local designers about what I wanted, and each quote came in WAY over what my budget is. So, needless to say, I have decided I might need to look at a template.

I have narrowed it down to two, (but flash) and I would love a bit of feedback on them. What I want is something clean, easy to navigate, loads quickly, and that shows the photos well.

I will be adding photocart to the site as well.

Here are my top two templates...
http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/15309.html
http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/10656.html

I have a clear winner in my mind, but seems everyone else likes the other...of course!

Thanks for any feedback!

Thanks for your response. Any other feedback out there?

If it is just for the gallery I like the second one. Strait to the point no extras. but the first one is a nice one if you need all of the other stuff.

i didn't really like the first one, but the second is really nice. its clean and simple.

my only suggestion is to kill the music and possibly the sounds too. i hate when i browse to a site and its starts playing music. i like having the option. like if you have to hit play first. i just don't think music does anything for a site. and depending on how many buttons/links you have, the sound effects can be a bit too much too.

that is just my .02

I love the second one! I dont understand the difference in the 2 prices. Why is it $74 or $3500 for the template??

They both look nice, but I think the second one looks more professional; it has a more logical flow. I also agree with twozero, kill the music no matter which you choose.

Thanks everyone. That was the clear winner in my mind, and now its confirmed. I hope to post up my new site in the next couple of weeks!

Hate flash in general but if i had to pick it would be the second.

Both pages were way slow in loading. Didn't see the first one as it was taking too long. Only saw the second one because I let it load while I started answering you. From what I have been reading here it is a common problem with flash designs.

I am not a website designer, nor do I play one on TV. For that reason, I pay someone to design my sites. No it is not cheap. Especially if you get people who actually know what they are doing.

The problem is not so much designing a nice looking, easy to navigate site with the right features for it to do what you expect. The PROBLEM is what you don't see: bringing traffic to it. Without traffic a website is basically useless. You may have the coolest, easiest to navigate website with great photos but if no one sees it...

And, unfortunately, a great number of so called website designers out there don't even understand this concept. And most website template businesses don't care if you ever get traffic, they just want to sell you a template.

Now, from what I've seen of you're work, weddings, you do local work and local work could come to you more from word of mouth than from a website. "Could" because I know nothing of where, what kind of environment, you work in. The website, therefore, would be mostly for those people who just can't do anything without the internet (I still use my yellow pages quite a bit :D) and for clients' proofs.

So, you probably don't need the help of an expert website designer but, hopefully, someone here will direct you to a better template site.

Of course, if you live in a large city with a million photogs, it is then a totally different story.

And, btw, I agree with the person who was annoyed by the music. Most music on template sites is canned and sounds like it. I have clicked out of sites with this kind of music quite often when I couldn't find the "off" button right away. A member recently mentioned something about that which I had never thought about because I work at home and that is that you don't want music when you're surfing the web at work. :lol:

c. is way more patient than me. I didn't hang around for for either to load.

If you really want an accurate poll you need a third choice, "Neither".

Hmmm - this is a very old thread - almost a year old. Regardless, I didnt end up using either and had a site built for me last fall. It is very basic, but gets the job done.

And you are right c. - I do get most of my business from word of mouth isnmy small town (15,000 ppl) but I am starting to get referals and having a site where people can go is a must. All of my online proofing is donethrough my site as well.

And there is no music on it.

You mean I wasted 2 mns of my life because someone dug up an old corpse. :lmao:

Well, hopefully some else learned something interesting.

Most reactions

Back