Feeding Deer up Close

dllb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
On a recent visit to Pinawa, Manitoba, which is about 120 km east north east of Winnipeg, we had the opportunity to feed some of the many deer that are in and around the town.

There are many deer there and while not tame, they have become used to people. We arrived just before a large snow fall of about 14 inches. While the deer fend for themselves very well, its nice to give them a bit of food. There were about 3 different groups of deer that came by over the 4 days we were there.

This was the view out the back window. This one would come and stand by the back window, looking in. They have the most beautiful eyes.

P1011303-1a.jpg

Here she is right up to the window. What a great site.

P1011308-1a.jpg

After a while, a few would feed right out of your hands.

P1011311-1.jpg

This is the scene that greeted me one day when I opened the front door

P1021402-1.jpg

After they feed, the would just stand there so it was a great opportunity to get some real close up pictures

PC310426.jpg

PC301066.jpg

PC301063.jpg

This one was a bit smaller and had a rounded nose so she was easy to spot when she came by

PC301051-1.jpg

This one almost got her nose on the camera

P1020453-1.jpg

After they feed and stood around for a while, they went on their way

PC311282-1.jpg

PC311296-1.jpg

WOW how lucky are you! :)

Great shots love the close ups the most though!

Oh yes, I love the close-ups, too. And the funny one of the deer nose almost touching your lens :D.

What an experience to be having them this close to civilisation - our deer only ever get close to the road :roll: ...

And I see that the thing called SNOW does still exist, after all!?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back