feel free to pick these apart..

barleymalt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out and tried shooting in some less than optimal lighting conditions. This scene was very contrasty with little light reaching the ground through the thick roof of leaves. I saw some good potential there but I don't think I captured it very well.

Is this a good usage of hdr or are there other post processing techniques i should look into?
Let me know what you think

yeah sorry about the watermarks

4800832769_b2c75f865b_b.jpg

4801465982_12f69e9e5d_b.jpg

4801465924_f236702111_b.jpg

white balance is waaaaaaay off, and in two the huge rock is distracting like no tomorrow, work on composition, white balance, and bring a tripod

white balance is waaaaaaay off, and in two the huge rock is distracting like no tomorrow, work on composition, white balance, and bring a tripod

I agree with all this.

For these types of shots its best to always use a tripod. That is unless you are just passing by and don't happen to have one of course.

I find that it also lets you lock in the composition you want, then play around with settings, especially shutter speed for water shots like these.

Edit: I just realized you may have used a tripod. I dont know much about HDR, but doesn't it require multiple exposures?

Last edited:
I like the first one the best. The other ones you can see the green moss to well I would try the auto white balance for the second two and the first one I would see about making it slightly darker see if you can try and balance out the rest of the photo with the really bright sun in the top.

I tried playing with your just stream photos and that green moss under the water really sucks... I edited the first one a little. I'm still new at editing so it might not be perfect.
4800832769_b2c75f865b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Only the first scene would have been appropriate for HDR, the other 2 don't have enough dynamic range.

I felt the softness added to the sliminess of the moss, so I sharpened and added more contrast. Not a bad shot.
4800832769_b2c75f865b_btest.jpg

Although the composition might have been to show more. Itried to tweak to get a better image with less green.
4801465982_12f69e9e5d_btest2.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. The colors were really awkward to work with to begin with and hdr probably amplified it. The edits look much better. Was unable to view yours though Morpheuss.

**** my bad i deleted it off my photobucket... it didn't look a hell of alot different than your first one just a little darker....

Most reactions

Back