Feel the anger...

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Feel the anger. Your transformation to the darkside is almost complete.

I do my own BW developing, and take color to the local pro lab. There used to be 2 pro labs. One went out of business last year. The one I used changed ownership a few years back, and have been going downhill steadily ever since, at least for film service. The kids they hire these days just don't know film. There are regular minor mistakes, and big mistakes (losing, damaging, or improperly processing negs) about twice a year.

Yesterday I picked up the film and prints from last Saturday's wedding. The 120 color rolls were light struck. The BW 120, which I shot with the same camera at the same time in the same film backs, but developed myself, came out perfect.

Another young lab tech in training learns about 120 film at my expense. Either they didn't get the darkbox closed correctly, didn't pull the sleeves up far enough, fumbled the roll in the light, or didn't get the casette seated properly on the C-41 machine. Somewhere they were not careful enough. Fortunately these were 6x6, and most of them can be saved with some cropping. A few are going to require some serious Adobe PS work.

This morning my 20D should arrive. Coincidence or omen?

I hear ya. I was talking to friend that does alot of weddings, and he was trying to talk me into getting into digital.(as most digital users do) And I had to admit, that if I were doing the same as him, there would be no doubt that I would be shooting digital. But since I don't, I can still scoff and turn my nose up at him. :wink:

We really only have one "pro" lab left in the Detroit metro area. Luckily they still are the best around.

It is truly a sign of the end of days that Matt is getting a digital camera.

I'd be really pissed about the messing up of film. It's different when you mess it up yourself but when someone else does it... :irked:

I'm pretty anxious to see your first 20D pics, Matt.

It's here. It looks like Darth Vader. I think it's my father...

I don't suppose the batteries come charged?

Congrats on the new camera. I expect it comes with a small charge but you'd be better of charging it up and making sure. It'll probably tell you it's flat in the manual as well.

ksmattfish said:

I don't suppose the batteries come charged?
It IS Darth Vader.

Don't charge it. Use the Force! :greenpbl:

Next thing we know, Matt will be telling us this is his destiny! :lol:

Nope, they don't come charged, charge them for a few hours and you'll be good to go. Sorry about the color 120, and weddings pictures to boot. :( I look forward to seeing how you like the 20D.

I got the battery grip that can use 6 AAs while the batteries charge. I spent the first hour trying to get the back panel to talk to me. Finally I disconected the grip, and reconnected it. Works fine now. The weaknesses of the darkside are revealed early. ;)

Took 2 pics and it killed those poor alkaline batteries. I'll have to wait for the regular batteries to charge.

I've got some 2300 NIMH batteries. Give it a go and they'll last you ages. Your AA's will be almost fully charged if you test them on a meter reader, I'm sure. So don't bin them.

Congrats Matt! :)

Lets see the pics!

ksmattfish said:

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while... :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the new instrument of the dark side, I'm just itching for the day when I can afford my own.

Most reactions

Back