Feeling blue???

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From Saturday night shooting on location in OKC. It was a lot of fun. Yes, I do know that the blue lights cut through her head. It wasn't for lack of trying, I did okay in some, others not so much. They aren't great but they are a step in the right direction for me. Have been trying to get out of my comfort zone and learn new things.

33400406842_1f31d7c4b7_c.jpg

33427796841_f3405e1e8b_c.jpg

33428210551_ba796d5506_c.jpg

Very cool, Ron... I'm a little torn about the skin tone though. I kind of think it might be just a bit too blue; I'm not sure what you could have/can do about it given the ambient light... maybe some selective adjustments on her face/chest in LR?

I like these! I don't care about the blue, since there is obviously a lot of blue in the shooting area, and in the dress,and in the neon tubes. This is the exact type of situation where you could actually ADD blue and make it work. Correcting all the blue out would be a mistake, I think, since the actual light there is very blue. Of course, there's always room for interpretation, and individual preferences.

There is nothing wrong with the light tube going behind the head: breaking the outline of ANY line with the head or body adds a three-dimensional clue, and is a good thing in this instance.

I definitely don't mean correct out all the blue; in fact adding more didn't occur to me, but that might work equally well, or better. Looking at her face there was just enough blue for it not be right, but more would make it much more intentional.

Very cool, Ron... I'm a little torn about the skin tone though. I kind of think it might be just a bit too blue; I'm not sure what you could have/can do about it given the ambient light... maybe some selective adjustments on her face/chest in LR?

Thank you John. I understand about the skin tones. In #2, I keep going back and forth about it depending on the screen I am looking at it on.

I like these! I don't care about the blue, since there is obviously a lot of blue in the shooting area, and in the dress,and in the neon tubes. This is the exact type of situation where you could actually ADD blue and make it work. Correcting all the blue out would be a mistake, I think, since the actual light there is very blue. Of course, there's always room for interpretation, and individual preferences.

There is nothing wrong with the light tube going behind the head: breaking the outline of ANY line with the head or body adds a three-dimensional clue, and is a good thing in this instance.

Thank you Derrel. I may have to try that just to see.

I definitely don't mean correct out all the blue; in fact adding more didn't occur to me, but that might work equally well, or better. Looking at her face there was just enough blue for it not be right, but more would make it much more intentional.

I'll play with them a little to see.

I don't mind the diagonal lights at all. Just wish I could see more natural color in her face.

Went back and worked on these two a little bit. I didn't not change the color temperature because that was the scene with all the blue lights on the wall. What did I do then? I pulled the original into PS and used Nik pro effects 4 for dynamic skin softening. Then I duplicated the layer and changed the blend mode to screen and then lowered the opacity to 30-35%, then added a layer mask and only let this layer show through on Chae. (note: I just compared them on here and it did change the skin tone a little bit, warmed up her cheek)

33423557342_4495be33c5_c.jpg

33580324825_318f0df980_c.jpg

I like the revised images. Good use of the blue hues in these.

Thanks @Derrel. I have more that I will share in another thread with a different model. The blue light acts as a "black light" on the models orange top and gives it a day glow look to it.

That third shot is great! The cropping at the ankle I'm not a fan of, but everything else is very nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back