Feeling disillusioned with photography..

I'm not sure if it's available for iBooks, but honestly, I would suggest buying this is paper form, so you can look through it...make some notes in it, dog-ear a few pages, and so on. It has a lot of illustrations and diagrams...I think it would be best in paper form. I'm not into electronic books, so I have no idea what formats it is available in. I have only Kindle for Mac OS and I detest e-Books...so...

I just want to see you succeed. I think a good "field manual" would be so,so valuable. I've learned a lot from J.H.'s books over the years.

Last edited:
Everyone gets down on their own work and it doesn't matter if they are starting out or decades into a career. I think you have underestimated your work, and that you should continue to shoot. Don't overthink what you are doing, and try not to compare your work with others. At this stage in the process of learning, comparing what you shoot to someone who has been shooting portraits for years is a mistake. Don't compare, just look at them and see how the poses worked within the surroundings. Keep at it.

You're actually quite good. A lot better than the so called "experts" here.
Don't give up...build your vision. Stop trying to look like everyone else's.

I don't wish to compare to anyone either. It's just hard when I see so many good photos on here.

Thanks so much also for the compliment. Very sweet :)

I don't wish to compare to anyone either. It's just hard when I see so many good photos on here.

Thanks so much also for the compliment. Very sweet :)
You're in China. They take photography very seriously there. Maybe there's a club you can join.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back