Feeling Hungry??

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by aarongbuk, Apr 12, 2007.

1. aarongbuk

aarongbuk TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ive been asked to do some shots for a Chinese restaurant. this is the first time ive tried something like this. I shot them under the ceiling halogens, and using a tripod and shutter release cable. I underexposed by 2 as the white bowls are against a white background.
    I edited the levels and curves to correct the exposure after removing the background in PS. Also used sponge tool on the black and white areas to remove the natural blue from the daylight coming fro the window. Then good old unsharp mask.

Thoughts welcome :)

[​IMG]

2. morydd

morydd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like this. especially for menu/advertising, which is what I'm guessing you're going for. The shadows on the (non-existant) background are a little bothersome to me, and you might try turning the bowl with the red sauce so as to minimize the stuff on the side (perhaps pour the sauce into the bowl after the the plate and bowl are positioned)

3. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Only crit I had was what Morydd already touched on, about the inside of the bowls. Otherwise, not bad!

4. Mohain

Mohain TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What camera did you shoot with and what metering did you use? I assume it was digital? Pretty good job overall but I think you have lost too much shadow detail (although it could be my viewing conditions at work) and the white surround needs tidying up a bit.

5. aarongbuk

aarongbuk TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, completely agree about the bowls. However its for a menu and they will be fairly small. The shadows on the outside actually help on the page, otherwise they look a bit lost.. but the client likes it so im happy.
    I was using a Canon EOS350 D on A mode probably f5.6 or higher (as in higher number fstop). Metered... um... really cant remember!