Feeling like this is my best so far! C &C

Aayria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been working really hard on finding what my personal "style" is.. and after spending some time shooting my daughter tonight, I feel like I made a huge step towards that goal! =)

This is hands down my favorite shot I've EVER done.. But I wanted to see if others felt it was any good, or if I am just way off base here lol. Don't worry about sincere criticism, I always appreciate what others think of my work!

Thanks and enjoy! =)

AnnaEyes-3.jpg

Its an odd place for her eyes to lead tho creative and a good shot. Would like to see her looking up or something. I like the color, softness and overall feel of the shot.

Way too soft for my taste.
The 50mm at f/1.4 can give you some pretty sweet shallow depth of field results, and you really did some isolating here, it's just the choice of shot doesn't really jump out at me.
Now if your daughter was looking up at you and you nailed the focus on her eyes, with maybe some change in the WB, you'd have a stronger image in my opinion.

It also appears to me by looking at your avatar that you like softer portraits, which is cool, you just have to make sure they have some attention grabbing qualities as well IMHO.

It would look better with her eyes a bit sharper and possibly her mouth as well. Just my opinion.

Thanks for all the feedback everybody! I'll post more on this tomorrow, but I'm headed to sleep for now. I did want to say, in general I see what you mean about this being better if I focussed on her eyes looking up, and that most of the other shots from tonight were of her eyes. I put a bit more thought into this one, and was really happy with the results, amid the mass quantity of others that had her eyes in view lol =P Maybe if I'm feeling brave tomorrow I'll post another, I was mostly just curious if I was crazy for thinking this works. Thanks again, and goodnight!

Here are a few others I took with the first one... But for some reason, the first is still my absolute favorite. Don't get me wrong- I'm a sucker for the big sweet eyes in pictures of children in general.. But there's something about the softness of the colors and the focus on her little eyelashes that really makes me feel great about the first one.

My only major issue right now with a couple of the following pictures, is that once again I framed too close and cut off the top of her head :( But otherwise I feel like these are "ok" and am open to ideas to make them better in the future!
Here are the other four for your opinions =)

AnnaShoot1of1.jpg

AnnaShoot1of1-5.jpg

AnnaShoot1of1-4.jpg

AnnaShoot1of1-3.jpg

Very cute girl! Great model!

However, all shots are OOF or at least very, very soft.

In the first shot I would like her to look at the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back