Reaction score
Website
www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C welcomed and appreciated!

daisy1.jpg

daisy2.jpg

I love shallow......lol But this isn't shallow enough for me.....:hug:: (I'm a crazy shallow shooter..lol)

But I'm more worried about your composition. I'd like you to look at this site.....
10 Top Photography Composition Rules | Amateur Snapper

Learn the rules and then brake them as much as you want!!!

It could be my monitor, but they seem a hair too saturated.

Learn the rules and then break them as often as you can, succesfully.

Fixed, in more ways than one.:greenpbl:

Remember, in breaking one rule, you are more than likely following another.

In both of these images, your focal point is leaning or facing to the left, which sorta renders the right side of the image useless or unnecessary.

In both of these images, your focal point is leaning or facing to the left, which sorta renders the right side of the image useless or unnecessary.

Very good point. It's almost as if they are leaning out of the frame. It's like having a person looking out of the frame instead of looking into the frame.

Exactly, Eric.

Ok, so I think I have an example* that "breaks" the rule (guideline) I laid out above. But in breaking that rule, we bring in a somewhat symmetrical balance. There is now more interest in the whole image rather than just the left. But the flower is now ok facing out of the picture. Do you agree?

daisy11.jpg

*quick and very dirty

I removed a distracting element in the lower left. I burned the stems in the upper right, which also were a bit of a distraction, just as an example.

Now the top bud is a bit too close to the top edge of the frame. Maybe this would have been better shot in portrait aspect? Perhaps that lower blurred flower would provide even more interest, and add to the overall composition?

Also remember, there is not much wrong with removing unwanted foliage from your shot. Either try to bend it away, tuck it under other "branches" or beak it off.

Thank you all!
I appreciate you critique!
Looking at it now I get the ackward feeling like one is trying to read English right to left feeling.

I'm leading ones eye off of the page!

Relocating the leaf and bud does not work for me.

It may be more pleasing to keep just the flower and make this a portrait style photo.

Working on the light/shade of the image to draw more attention to the flower may also work with a little vignetting...just thinking outloud.

I actually like the composition of image #2. With the sharp closed flower on one side and the OOF flower on the other. There is room for improvement but at least it shows that you were thinking about your composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back